Windows 10: HDD not showing in external docks between Windows 10 &11

Discus and support HDD not showing in external docks between Windows 10 &11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs, one with Windows 11 and an older one with Windows 10 I use a for storing/playing media. Both have Sabrant HDD docs, when I format and put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Les Burris, Aug 17, 2024.

1. HDD not showing in external docks between Windows 10 &11

I have 2 PCs, one with Windows 11 and an older one with Windows 10 I use a for storing/playing media. Both have Sabrant HDD docs, when I format and put files on the HDD with the windows 11 PC, the drive is only recognized on that PC. When I put it in the dock on the Win 10 machine, it won't recognize it same thing happens from Win 10 pc to the Win 11 PC. I can find the drive in Disk Management, it says it is online, but there is no drive assigned and all the options are grayed out when you right click.

:)

Les Burris, Aug 17, 2024
  2. xtalgrwr Win User

External HDD/USB.

Hello.

I have an external HDD docking station connected to my PC thru USB.

Devine manager sees it. But Windows explorer does not.

Suggestions?

xtalgrwr, Aug 17, 2024
  3. External HDD showing on W10 but not on W11 (usb port are fine)

I only suggested using the other PC in case you could not back up your files to the Windows 11 PC.

Are all HDD's not working on the Windows 11 PC or just external USB?

What normally works for this is what I gave you, so I'd at least try it if the other steps I gave didn't work.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Aug 17, 2024
  4. Junaid_A Win User

HDD not showing in external docks between Windows 10 &11

HDD Docking

Hi Tonyo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the docking station?

The computer docking connections located on the bottom of the computer vary between computer models. For the docking station to work properly, the docking posts, eject mechanisms, and electrical connections on the docking station must be compatible
    with the connections on your computer model.

Meanwhile, if the docking station is compatible, you may update the device drivers for your docking station and check if it works.

Update device drivers for docking station:

• Open the PC manufacturer support Web site, search for the
      Docking Station Driver for your PC model.
    • Install the driver suggested and check.

If the issue persists, update the BIOS and try connecting the Docking Station again.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 17, 2024
Thema:

HDD not showing in external docks between Windows 10 &11

1. HDD not showing in external docks between Windows 10 &11 - Similar Threads - HDD showing external

2. HDD not showing in external docks between Windows 10 &11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD not showing in external docks between Windows 10 &11: I have 2 PCs, one with Windows 11 and an older one with Windows 10 I use a for storing/playing media. Both have Sabrant HDD docs, when I format and put files on the HDD with the windows 11 PC, the drive is only recognized on that PC. When I put it in the dock on the Win 10...
  3. External ODD $ HDD Device not showing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External ODD $ HDD Device not showing in Windows 11: I just got a External ODD $ HDD Device dvd writer, model B21-y, when I insert the usb it goes on you can see the light, but it does not show in Mypc or in device Manager. I can not get driver for it. Is there a way to fix this...
  4. External ODD $ HDD Device not showing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External ODD $ HDD Device not showing in Windows 11: I just got a External ODD $ HDD Device dvd writer, model B21-y, when I insert the usb it goes on you can see the light, but it does not show in Mypc or in device Manager. I can not get driver for it. Is there a way to fix this...
  5. External hdd not showing in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hdd not showing in explorer: I recently got a new laptop due to the screen on my old one being broken. So in order to save all my files, I popped out the hard drive and stuck it into a USB drive reader. It's powered on, I can hear it spinning. On my new laptop, the drive appears in device manager as well...
  6. External HDD not showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD not showing in Explorer: Hi. I had a problem with my external drive not showing in Windows Explorer. I went into Disk Management and Formatted the drive in there and assigned a drive letter - now it is showing in Explorer. The problem I now have though is that when I try and plug the external drive...
  7. Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor

Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor: Hi! So i have in my possession a Surface Display Dock which was originally use for Lumia Continuum. I'm plugging it into my Laptop (MSI, Core i7-8750H, GTX1650 Max-Q). The Dock has been detected and i can use the USB port on it for my Keyboard and mouse, The drivers are...
  8. HDD Docking

HDD Docking: Connected 2 Bay Docking station to my Laptop with 1TB HDD(2.5) and 250GB HDD(3.5). It is not recognized by the Laptop. Removed 1TB HDD(2.5), 250GB(3.5) shown up to my drive. Likely removed 250GB(3.5), connected 1TB(2.5) it didn't recognized. Connected 1TB(2.5) with another...
  9. External HDD not showing up

External HDD not showing up: Good day to all Having some issues with connecting my external HDD to my desktop .Upon connecting to the usb port nothing happens in the file explorer don't show up But looking in the device manager it shows up there and also shows an icon in the task bar next to the clock...
  10. external HDD not showing true capacity

external HDD not showing true capacity: when win ten first came out i used a 1TB external HDD to create a recovery drive now with a new laptop i decided to reformat the drive but widows says it has only 32 GIG on it and dose not show any directories or anything? whats up*Sad 47817