Windows 10: HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

Discus and support HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disco Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by André P. WH, Jan 29, 2022.

1. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disco Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few months I received a new one. On October 2021 I got the new one, and it worked fine. I simply stored my files let them be there, rarely accessing the HDD.This month January 2021, I started using the HDD more frequently and again, I didn't notice anything strange. But a few days ago I noticed that it did a big noise, and then ran

:)

André P. WH, Jan 29, 2022

2. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...nnecting/7e7c792e-04f1-489d-a735-a8b74a7314b5

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 29, 2022
  3. Groggubus Win User
    Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

Groggubus, Jan 29, 2022
  4. LocN2 Win User

HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

new case fans causing disconnecting and reconnecting of HDD

I bought 2 new case fans and installed them as soon as I turned on to test them out my HDD (I have SSD for windows 10) keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting itself. I uninstalled the fans and still getting this issue. windows pop says to scan for errors
    for drive but can't scan at all.

LocN2, Jan 29, 2022
Thema:

HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

1. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds - Similar Threads - HDD keeps getting

2. hdd disconnects and reconnects after running anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd disconnects and reconnects after running anything: this issue has never happened to me before and ive had this hdd for 4 years ive tried many things and none of them seem to workinfo:its a seagate 1tb barracuda hdd disk type: NTFSthings ive tried:checked the health of the hdd on 2 different programs the health is goodchanged...
  3. hdd disconnects and reconnects after running anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdd disconnects and reconnects after running anything: this issue has never happened to me before and ive had this hdd for 4 years ive tried many things and none of them seem to workinfo:its a seagate 1tb barracuda hdd disk type: NTFSthings ive tried:checked the health of the hdd on 2 different programs the health is goodchanged...
  4. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disc Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few months...
  5. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disco Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few...
  6. Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop and I tried connecting a bluetoothe device. It pairs but after a few seconds it disconnects. This happens for different devices. I've already tried to reinstall the driver, install another drive, restart the bluetooth services and install...
  7. USB Devices "randomly" getting disconnected then reconnecting after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices "randomly" getting disconnected then reconnecting after a few seconds: I've just recently started having this issue, where my USB devices will disconnect out of nowhere while I'm using my computer, and I will hear the normal audio for when a device disconnects. After a few seconds I'll hear the disconnect sound again, then I'll hear the...
  8. Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few secconds.

Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few secconds.: i have a razer Abyssus v2 and it started about 4 days ago and i tried disabling the option in device manager to let the computer turn off the device to save power and i tried uninstalling my mouse and restarting the pc and it didnt seem to work. system specs:...
  9. USB Devices randomly disconnect and reconnect after a few seconds

USB Devices randomly disconnect and reconnect after a few seconds: Recently nearly all of my USB devices have been cutting out for a few seconds and reconnecting all at the same time. I have tried reinstalling drivers, running troubleshooters, and nearly anything I could find about this situation. If there is anything else that could be the...
  10. Wireless network adapter frequent disconnected and reconnect by itself after few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless network adapter frequent disconnected and reconnect by itself after few seconds: I'm sick with this condition where my wireless adapter just disconnect by itself and come back within 3 seconds. WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll WLAN Extensibility Module has successfully started. Module Path:...