Windows 10: having problems with changing the pin for windows 11 and defender antivirus.

Discus and support having problems with changing the pin for windows 11 and defender antivirus. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't change my pin for window 11. I go through my settings and the pin windows hello says its currently unavailable. it also prompts me to change my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luien sin, Jul 19, 2024.

1. Luien sin Win User

having problems with changing the pin for windows 11 and defender antivirus.

I can't change my pin for window 11. I go through my settings and the pin windows hello says its currently unavailable. it also prompts me to change my password every few months. I would like to create my own password with normal character's and not just numbers. now problem number 2 defender the free antivirus that comes with windows does say that its running but I can't access it to do virus scans or anything like that. I also can't disable it and the only I can see it's doing is running in the background with task manger. the weirder thing is windows says no antivirus is protecting me and I

:)

Luien sin, Jul 19, 2024
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jul 19, 2024
  3. Microsof Defender Antivirus Disabled

Thanks again for your help, but nothing has changed, after following each step. Antivirus is still "stopped" and cannot be restarted, although all other Windows Defender services work. The pending Windows Security Update update will not download, just a "Download error - 0x80070643".

I'm going to update to Windows 11 and see if that starts Windows Defender Antivirus.

James Nickell, Jul 19, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Hello, *Smile

If you are wanting to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus, then you could use an option in the updated tutorial below. Be sure to turn off Tamper Protection first in step 1.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 19, 2024
Thema:

1. having problems with changing the pin for windows 11 and defender antivirus. - Similar Threads - having problems changing

2. having problems with changing the pin for windows 11 and defender antivirus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    having problems with changing the pin for windows 11 and defender antivirus.: I can't change my pin for window 11. I go through my settings and the pin windows hello says its currently unavailable. it also prompts me to change my password every few months. I would like to create my own password with normal character's and not just numbers. now problem...
  3. Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender: How do I change the current antivirus provider back to Windows AntiVirus Defender? There is some up and down arrows but nothing happens.It is currently saying:-Malwarebytes is turned on.Windows Antivirus Defender is turned off....
  4. Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender: How do I change the current antivirus provider back to Windows AntiVirus Defender? There is some up and down arrows but nothing happens.It is currently saying:-Malwarebytes is turned on.Windows Antivirus Defender is turned off....
  5. Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Problems with MS Defender Antivirus

Problems with MS Defender Antivirus: Why am I getting reports, every five to ten minutes, from Microsoft Defender Antivirus: "Threats Found"? Click on "Get Details", it reports "No threats found". I ran both Quick, Full, and MS Defender Offline Scans. No problems reported.This started about 20 hours ago. The...
  7. problems regarding window defender antivirus.

problems regarding window defender antivirus.: windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problems-regarding-window-defender-antivirus/7fac9500-c6ee-40cf-89fa-ea20a3cbced6
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 version 1.331.2263.0. I have gotten this update everyday for at least two weeks now. I update it, then it says you're up to date - But then it comes up again the day after. I have no ideas what's going on and why this happens....
  9. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan: I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a full scan from the settings UI, it will run for about 25 minutes, then the antivirus background service either stops or crashes,...
  10. Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus

Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus: I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10 installed, but when I tried to perform a scan with Windows Defender, I got the message "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for...