Windows 10: Has one of my RAID disks failed?

Discus and support Has one of my RAID disks failed? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,When I upgraded my motherboard several years ago, I forgot to check that the SATA controller was able to use RAID. I have two 2TB HDDs setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ScottColling, Sep 28, 2024 at 3:47 PM.

1. Has one of my RAID disks failed?

Hi there,When I upgraded my motherboard several years ago, I forgot to check that the SATA controller was able to use RAID. I have two 2TB HDDs setup in RAID1 and previously it was using a hardware setup but with the new motherboard I used the Windows partition tool to create a RAID1 volume using the two 2TB HDDs.Fast forward to now and I've just put some important information on there and thought I would check the RAID volume status. However I cannot work it if it is correctly working or not, it shows a dynamic disk and healthy but I cannot work out anyway to see if both disks are still in th

:)

ScottColling, Sep 28, 2024 at 3:47 PM

2. Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

Dear Samuria,

Thanks for your thought provoking question - can I check something with you? When using the Intel Mobo RAID solution (as I am here) does this take care of all the nitty gritty i.e. it presents the array as a single disk to Windows - which doesn't need to "know" that it is actually a RAID-0 array underneath?

If so, then I think I was wrong about my guess where the problem lies, as Windows shouldn't need anything special other than the standard Intel SATA drivers to read from the disk.... so it shouldn't be "the case of the missing RAID driver".....?? And more likely that the drive letter is just set incorrectly (as per other suggestions)......?

Just trying to think my way around the next best steps....

Cheers, Jon

3. Zedicus Win User
    Would raid 5 be right?

raid 5 one drive can fail. with any number of disks.
    your onboard raid 5 is equal to all of the crappy cards people are suggesting.
    i would use your onboard or splurge for a hardware RAID controller. that will be around 300$ though.

4. Has one of my RAID disks failed?

Cloning a Windows installation (RAID 0) to single SSD (non-RAID) fails

Hi ClintLGM (& everyone else who's chipped in)

Thanks for this. Can I check what (I think) you are suggesting...I should make a disk image with MR to e.g. an external disk. Then pull the RAID-0 array, attach the new disk and leave the mode as RAID (for now). Then I could boot from the MR recovery USB and restore from the external disk to the new SSD? If all goes well I should then be able to boot - and follow the steps necessary to switch the drive over to AHCI??

If you could check my thinking on this that would be really helpful....

Best wishes,

Jon

Thema:

Has one of my RAID disks failed?

1. Has one of my RAID disks failed? - Similar Threads - Has RAID disks

2. Has one of my RAID disks failed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has one of my RAID disks failed?: Hi there,When I upgraded my motherboard several years ago, I forgot to check that the SATA controller was able to use RAID. I have two 2TB HDDs setup in RAID1 and previously it was using a hardware setup but with the new motherboard I used the Windows partition tool to create...
  3. creating Raid 0 fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    creating Raid 0 fails: I have 24 HDD. This holiday season, I received four Seagate Exos enterprise X16 16 TB HDD. They connected to my motherboard using SAS . When I try to create a stripped raid with just 2 HDD, Disk Management FAILS. Same result for a two disk pool using Storage Spaces. Help!...
  4. Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk 3 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks: Hi, Yes, i have seen the other posts regarding this error. No i have not cloned any disks. The error started about 3 weeks ago. I'm on windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 build 19041 As Disk 3 holds my media files each time the event occurs the media stream is cut-off. The disk...
  5. No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

in Windows 10 News
    No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed: [ATTACH]If when you boot your Windows 10 computer and you receive the No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed error message, […] This article No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to recover a failed disk on a Windows 10 software RAID 1?

How to recover a failed disk on a Windows 10 software RAID 1?: After searching the web for 2 days, not finding any relevant answer I'm posting the question here: I have a HP Proliant server with 2 1TB sata disks, set up in RAID1, using Windows 10 software RAID. The RAID also contains the Windows OS. I'm trying to find the procedure...
  7. Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks

Disk 5 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks: hey all, I am looking for some help with my external HDD's I have 3 x 8TB Seagate Backup+ Drives and 1 2TB Seagate Backup+ plugged into my PC via separate USB ports. All drives except the 2TB have external power supplies. all my hdd's shut down when I am using them and...
  8. Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal

Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal: Hi everyone! I researched a lot over this problem, but I cannot figure out how to resolve it. Motherboard: Intel DP55WB, BIOS version: 0336 BIOS has 3 options for hard drives: IDE, RAID, AHCI In Windows 10 Pro x64 If I select AHCI in BIOS all disks show as internals, but...
  9. Hard disk failing, robust backup strategy, raid 1?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Hard disk failing, robust backup strategy, raid 1?: Hello All, Great forum, has helped me setup a backup strategy I am happy with... since discovering the forum I have: Found my E drive (2TB Seagate) is slowly dying (using Crystal disk info); Copied all data, with only minor loses, to my F drive (another 1TB Seagate);...
  10. RAID 0 no longer works, one of the disks is unallocated

RAID 0 no longer works, one of the disks is unallocated: I have 2 drives configured as RAID 0, on an older motherboard with nVidia chipset. Worked fine up until few days ago, now windows doesn't see it. The RAID utility on boot says its fine. Tried to boot with Ubuntu, no luck - it couldn't read it. If I disable RAID in BIOS...