Windows 10: Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

Discus and support Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have already made a post about this, but now I have found out a little bit more about why it could be happening. When I connect my HDD, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by valen808, Apr 8, 2022.

1. valen808 Win User

Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

Hello, I have already made a post about this, but now I have found out a little bit more about why it could be happening. When I connect my HDD, the SSD vanishes as if it weren't connected and the hard drive takes over as the boot drive, this has been happening for 4-5 days now, and I haven't been able to fix it, the only solution is disconnecting the hard drive but I have important things in there and I don't know how to retrieve it. It also goes into an automatic repair loop when I connect the hard drive.Thanks!

:)

valen808, Apr 8, 2022
  2. crownele Win User

Hard drives listed as SSD drives

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro.

Have 2 Hard drives in Raid 1 set up.

Win 10 lists these drives as SSD drives in System Properties.

How do I change the listing of these drives to HD so I can optimize them?

crownele, Apr 8, 2022
  3. ssd and hard drive

I bought my HP All in one at the MS Store. It has a SSD and hard drive. One is listed as C and one a D, set up by them. When I try to download a lot of pictures I get the message that my drive is full but my 1 TB hard drive is not full. How should it be
    configured so that doesn't happen?

NancyPaget, Apr 8, 2022
  4. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Apr 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive - Similar Threads - Hard drive takes

2. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  3. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  4. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive: Hello, I have already made a post about this, but now I have found out a little bit more about why it could be happening. When I connect my HDD, the SSD vanishes as if it weren't connected and the hard drive takes over as the boot drive, this has been happening for 4-5 days...
  6. Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive: Hello, I have already made a post about this, but now I have found out a little bit more about why it could be happening. When I connect my HDD, the SSD vanishes as if it weren't connected and the hard drive takes over as the boot drive, this has been happening for 4-5 days...
  7. SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD hard drive: I purchased a new laptop HP and I noticed that the SSD is one so I am wondering how to divide the 256 GBs into two or three partitions OF 50 GBs or 100 GBs with my thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-hard-drive/060a0f8b-4f4a-45ad-8d00-78a5e869a90a
  8. take ownership of hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    take ownership of hard drive: Hi guys, I've been denied access on an external hard disk so I tried to take ownership but it won't let me do it. It says it is unable to set new owner as there is not enough space on the disk. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you...
  9. Trouble with hard drives and boot drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with hard drives and boot drives: I've recently built a pc with a 120gb ssd and a 6tb hard drive. My goal was to have my system and boot drive on my ssd and then use the 6tb as storage, but when I installed windows the boot drive went onto my hard drive. Because it has been partitioned as an MBR drive I only...
  10. SSD recognised as hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD recognised as hard drive: I have an SSD for my C drive and Windows tells me it's a hard drive, I know it's not because I can see it sitting inside my PC. I ran "winsat formal" in cmd twice and that did not fix it. windows also wants me to "optimise" it. so what do I do?...