Windows 10: Hard drive not detected in backup tool

Discus and support Hard drive not detected in backup tool in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have a removable 1Tb hard drive freshly formatted and I wanted to put a backup of my 256Gb PC in it, but for some reason the backup tool just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thismadde, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Thismadde Win User

Hard drive not detected in backup tool

Hi,I have a removable 1Tb hard drive freshly formatted and I wanted to put a backup of my 256Gb PC in it, but for some reason the backup tool just won't detect it.The HD is a Western Digital, it's a few years old but I didn't use it much. I do see the drive in File Explorer; I can use it move files in, out; but the backup tool still doesn't deem it worthy of the backup.What can be the reason for its refusal?Also sorry if it's already been answered somewhere else, but the words "hard drive not detected for backup" only led me to an endless flow of topics about windows not detecting preexistin

:)

Thismadde, Mar 12, 2022
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 12, 2022
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Mar 12, 2022
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Mar 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Hard drive not detected in backup tool - Similar Threads - Hard drive detected

2. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  3. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  4. Hard drive not detected in backup tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not detected in backup tool: Hi,I have a removable 1Tb hard drive freshly formatted and I wanted to put a backup of my 256Gb PC in it, but for some reason the backup tool just won't detect it.The HD is a Western Digital, it's a few years old but I didn't use it much. I do see the drive in File Explorer;...
  5. Hard drive not detected in backup tool

Hard drive not detected in backup tool: Hi,I have a removable 1Tb hard drive freshly formatted and I wanted to put a backup of my 256Gb PC in it, but for some reason the backup tool just won't detect it.The HD is a Western Digital, it's a few years old but I didn't use it much. I do see the drive in File Explorer;...
  6. Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive: Hi, My windows PC is not detecting my HDD correctly. In the file backup section of settings, the hard drive is not detected when trying to add a drive to back up to. Also windows sees it as a "USB" device insted of a "HDD" Drive. The Hard Drive is the only drive I have that...
  7. Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive

Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive: Hi, My windows PC is not detecting my HDD correctly. In the file backup section of settings, the hard drive is not detected when trying to add a drive to back up to. Also windows sees it as a "USB" device insted of a "HDD" Drive. The Hard Drive is the only drive I have that...
  8. Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard drive backup: How do I backup my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-backup/4c142105-4de1-4e4c-a3dc-fcca8a0c8cd2
  10. Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not detected: What could be the possible reason that my external hard drive is not appearing on the pc bios screen but working with my mobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/6757b01a-2bbc-48d4-a3f3-b128115ee10f"