Windows 10: Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter

Discus and support Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I removed a 2tb ntfs hard drive from a desktop with power supply issues and attached it to a sata to usb adapter. I plugged the drive into another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Kikuchi, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter

I removed a 2tb ntfs hard drive from a desktop with power supply issues and attached it to a sata to usb adapter. I plugged the drive into another desktop but the 2tb ntfs drive now shows up as a 59.46gb exfat drive. The only data on this exfat drive looks like something from my android phone. How can I recover other data from this drive?

:)

James Kikuchi, Jan 13, 2023
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata drives as usb

Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata drives as usb.

After hard disk sentinel dropped one 2tb hard drive to 10% health, I started to

investigate what could be causing the issue.

It seems that every 2tb hard drive suffers from drives having communication issues with the host, but not 3tb drives.

When I looked at the drive parameters in device manager, it shows that the last state for the drive(s) was set at usb when in fact they are either sata or esata connected.

This miss match is causing the issue as the drives interface and driver win10 is loading is incorrect, leading to the drive health issue.

I ran three disk scans, one with seagate seatools,minitool partition wizard and win10 disk check,hard disk sentinel; the first three took over a day to complete for each, but all came back with 100% with no errors.

This is not the first time this has taken place as I have had other issues with other 2tb drives and win10 on another system having similar issues, wipe the drives using killdisk and they were all restored to 100% health.

Amd sata 6g and marvel sata and esata controllers.

kjl1956, Jan 13, 2023
  3. Sanhime Win User
    Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Jan 13, 2023
  4. alx10mgmg Win User

Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter

Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration

Here is the result. I appreciate you going through step by step with me.

Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter 331020d1620017865t-hard-drive-turned-raw-after-changing-sata-port-table-resotration-testdisk-ss3.png

When selecting List, the filesystem still seems damaged.

Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter 331021d1620017959t-hard-drive-turned-raw-after-changing-sata-port-table-resotration-testdisk-ss4.png

alx10mgmg, Jan 13, 2023
Thema:

Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter

1. Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter - Similar Threads - Hard drive changed

2. Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter: I removed a 2tb ntfs hard drive from a desktop with power supply issues and attached it to a sata to usb adapter. I plugged the drive into another desktop but the 2tb ntfs drive now shows up as a 59.46gb exfat drive. The only data on this exfat drive looks like something from...
  3. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB: I recently pulled an old Toshiba 2.5 harddrive out my a laptop whose battery had died. I was hoping to pull the data off it onto my new laptop, but my current machine simply won't recognise it. I have the drive connected via a SATA to USB cable, both USB plugs plugged in, so...
  4. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB: I recently pulled an old Toshiba 2.5 harddrive out my a laptop whose battery had died. I was hoping to pull the data off it onto my new laptop, but my current machine simply won't recognise it. I have the drive connected via a SATA to USB cable, both USB plugs plugged in, so...
  5. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  7. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  8. External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA): Hi. I'm trying to connect an external hard drive to my PC but it won't show up. Best I can do with it is light it up. If I connect it to a USB 2.0 port, it keeps on disconnecting as it should. But on 3.0 ports, it either lights up or doesnt light up but not show up at all....
  9. Unable to see External Hard Drive using USB - SATA Connector

Unable to see External Hard Drive using USB - SATA Connector: The power went out while doing a Windows 10 update. I purchased a USB to SATA connector, connected it to another Windows 10 PC's USB port. The external hard drive that I removed from my other PC is not showing in Windows File Manager. 40757
  10. SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen

SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen: Hi Guys, I have one of those newfangled SATA-to-USB adapters for internal hard drives. I have attempted to hook up two of them - one is a WD Caviar 500GB; another is a Seagate Barracuda 3000GB. I am not able to see inside them. If I go to Windows 10 computer (disk)...