Windows 10: Got a new pc. Windows 11 is active. Unable to sign into Microsoft account.

Discus and support Got a new pc. Windows 11 is active. Unable to sign into Microsoft account. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Within every option to sign into my Microsoft account, it won’t get to the screen that allows me to type in my email or password to login. “Just a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kurtis1990, Jul 26, 2024.

1. Got a new pc. Windows 11 is active. Unable to sign into Microsoft account.

Within every option to sign into my Microsoft account, it won’t get to the screen that allows me to type in my email or password to login. “Just a moment” screen pops up for all attempts followed by “something went wrong” “try again, or select Cancel to set up your device later”. I’m connected to the internet and I know my email/password linked to the account. Unsure what to do at this point. Currently on a local profile and need to be able to get into Microsoft.

:)

Kurtis1990, Jul 26, 2024

2. How To Activate Windows 11 Signed-into Account (B) Using A Windows 10 Digital License Linked to Account (A) On A Different PC?

I have:

• An old PC that:
      • Is running Windows 10 Home.
      • Activated using a digital license that is eligible for Windows 11 update.
        • Digital license is linked to an old Microsoft account (e-mail #1).
      • Does not meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11.
    • A new PC that:
      • Is running Windows 11 Home.
      • Is not yet activated.
      • Is signed-in using a new Microsoft account (e-mail #2).

My main goal is to activate Windows 11 Home on my new PC using my existing digital license while keeping:

1. The new PC signed-in to the new Microsoft account (e-mail #2).
    2. The old PC signed-in to the old Microsoft account (e-mail #1).

Side note: Though I would love to keep the old PC working and still licensed, it is OK if that is not possible.

Initial idea:

1. Unlink digital license on old PC from e-mail #1.
    2. Link digital license on old PC to e-mail #2.
    3. Check that the new PC is activated.
    4. Switch back to e-mail #1 on old PC.

Yet, I am unsure about the proper way of handling this process while avoiding any hiccups.

Actual questions:

1. Would my initial idea work?
      1. Could you please point me to how to unlink an account from a digital license?
      2. Could you please point me to how to link a new account to a digital license?
      3. Would the Windows 11 Home activation be automatic and immediate or is there anything I need to do before?
    2. If not, what are my other options?

Thank you in advance!

Julian Broudy, Jul 26, 2024
  3. A_Poplas Win User
    Issues with activating a new PC with digital licence tied to an account (Windows 11)

I've recently built a new PC without an OS and installed Windows 11 on it. Upon setting it up, I signed in with the same account as I was signed in with my old PC, which was also running Windows 11 Pro. Windows on the new PC, however, doesn't seem to be activated - I already tried running Activation Troubleshooter many times, and I also Reseted my old PC. When I use Activation Troubleshooter and use "I recently changed hardware on this device" my new PC is not on the list - I see my old PC and laptop, but the new device doesn't appear on the list.

I was also considering contacting Microsoft Support, but unfortunately they only offer phone calls and the moment.

Thanks for your assistance!

A_Poplas, Jul 26, 2024
  4. Got a new pc. Windows 11 is active. Unable to sign into Microsoft account.

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jul 26, 2024
Thema:

Got a new pc. Windows 11 is active. Unable to sign into Microsoft account.

1. Got a new pc. Windows 11 is active. Unable to sign into Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Got active Unable

2. Can't Sign In to Microsoft Account on New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sign In to Microsoft Account on New PC: Hello, I've recently set up a new gaming PC for the first time and I am attempting to sign in to my Microsoft account. I navigate to the profile in the bottom left, I click on "change account settings", and I click on the blue link that says "sign in with a microsoft account...
  3. Can't Sign In to Microsoft Account on New PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Sign In to Microsoft Account on New PC: Hello, I've recently set up a new gaming PC for the first time and I am attempting to sign in to my Microsoft account. I navigate to the profile in the bottom left, I click on "change account settings", and I click on the blue link that says "sign in with a microsoft account...
  4. Got a new pc. Windows 11 is active. Unable to sign into Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new pc. Windows 11 is active. Unable to sign into Microsoft account.: Within every option to sign into my Microsoft account, it won’t get to the screen that allows me to type in my email or password to login. “Just a moment” screen pops up for all attempts followed by “something went wrong” “try again, or select Cancel to set up your device...
  5. Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account: Hi Team, Trying to set-up a new laptop with a new microsoft account. Have set up a new hotmail account but unable to sign-in . The laptop asks to setup a PIN and when I try to, its says - something went wrong and try again or set-up later. When I click “skip for now” it just...
  6. Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account: Hi Team, Trying to set-up a new laptop with a new microsoft account. Have set up a new hotmail account but unable to sign-in . The laptop asks to setup a PIN and when I try to, its says - something went wrong and try again or set-up later. When I click “skip for now” it just...
  7. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  8. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows: This all started with a reinstall of windows through settings > refresh due to a random shutdown bug that I pinned down to a driver, but couldn't quite fix. During that refresh, when windows asked me to sign into my Microsoft account, it popped up a crappy looking, internet...
  9. New Laptop unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Laptop unable to sign into Microsoft account: I recently bought a new laptop and I'm trying to set up the local account to be linked to my Microsoft account. However, I am unable to sign into the computer using my Microsoft account. When it prompts me for my Windows account password for the second time, it says that "the...
  10. Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account: Oh bother... I'm running Windows 10 9879 in VMWare Workstation 10, this the third build that has this problem. I cannot and it will not let me sign into my Microsoft Account to start out with. The error code only seems to pertain to some Windows Update error on other...