Windows 10: Get an app to open this 'ms-gamebar' link

Discus and support Get an app to open this 'ms-gamebar' link in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I receive this error message constantly, while opening, seemingly random apps.I recently uninstalled MS Game Bar. How do I stop this from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ScottS21, Oct 22, 2024 at 12:18 AM.

1. ScottS21 Win User

Get an app to open this 'ms-gamebar' link

I receive this error message constantly, while opening, seemingly random apps.I recently uninstalled MS Game Bar. How do I stop this from occurring?Troubleshooting...Complete temp/cahe file purge/cleanRebooted PCUpdated OSRefreshed Store appSuggestions?

:)

2. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      Get an app to open this 'ms-gamebar' link 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

3. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Oct 22, 2024 at 12:23 AM
  4. Get an app to open this 'ms-gamebar' link

Gamebar process problem

This **** runs in the background even if you uninstall Xbox app and have everything turned off it's a consistent pain in the ass that I have to kill the process every time I'm gaming because it eats my framerate when I've never used it or want to use it.

Thema:

Get an app to open this 'ms-gamebar' link

1. Get an app to open this 'ms-gamebar' link - Similar Threads - app open 'ms

2. Get an app to open this 'ms-gamebar' link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get an app to open this 'ms-gamebar' link: I receive this error message constantly, while opening, seemingly random apps.I recently uninstalled MS Game Bar. How do I stop this from occurring?Troubleshooting...Complete temp/cahe file purge/cleanRebooted PCUpdated OSRefreshed Store appSuggestions?...
  3. ''Get an app to open this ms-contact-support link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ''Get an app to open this ms-contact-support link?: What app should i look for to fix the ''Get an app to open this ms-contact-support link? I tried the microsoft store but nothing came up.....Skyrim wouldn't open out of nowhere and i tried troubleshooting and that message showed up,please help....
  4. ''Get an app to open this ms-contact-support link?

''Get an app to open this ms-contact-support link?: What app should i look for to fix the ''Get an app to open this ms-contact-support link? I tried the microsoft store but nothing came up.....Skyrim wouldn't open out of nowhere and i tried troubleshooting and that message showed up,please help....
  5. Get an app to open this 'dpm.centennial' link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get an app to open this 'dpm.centennial' link: Hello. All of a sudden 3 days ago I started getting this pop up that says Get an app to open this 'dpm.centennial' your PC doesn't have an app that can open this link. Try looking for a compatible app in the Microsoft Store. I don't know what this is and there is no info...
  6. Get an app to open this 'dpm.centennial' link

Get an app to open this 'dpm.centennial' link: Hello. All of a sudden 3 days ago I started getting this pop up that says Get an app to open this 'dpm.centennial' your PC doesn't have an app that can open this link. Try looking for a compatible app in the Microsoft Store. I don't know what this is and there is no info...
  7. Get an app to open this "windowsdefender" link

Get an app to open this "windowsdefender" link: I just reset my windows 11, and when I wanted to configure my windows defender settings, it won't run, instead give me this error message. Can anyone help me fix this issue? I've tried the recommended solutions here:...
  8. get an app to open this "windowsdefender" link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get an app to open this "windowsdefender" link: I have no idea why this keeps popping up, I need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-an-app-to-open-this-windowsdefender-link/e38fe4b2-aae8-454b-acb7-42e995d682da
  9. App to open this ms-windows-store link

App to open this ms-windows-store link: Hi, Background: m/c came with 10 home, had to reload op sys W10 s arrived. I have repeated the above via 'cloud' download, still same rubbish.I've tried settings>apps> highlight etc - doesn't work " " Win+ R > wsreset " " " " settings > update & security > recovery > get...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-get-started link: Earlier today, my Win 10 Home edition laptop was updated to Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356) Everything went fine and everything, as far as I can tell works as before. Except for .... I receive the following pop up window every time I click .... Start Settings Update...