Windows 10: Games lagging and FPS drops after switching OS to a new SSD.

Discus and support Games lagging and FPS drops after switching OS to a new SSD. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a Dell G15 5530 and before it was having a BC901 NVMe SK Hynix 512GB came preinstalled with the main OS and a additional Samsung SSD 980... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yuzi Plays, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Games lagging and FPS drops after switching OS to a new SSD.

Hi, I am using a Dell G15 5530 and before it was having a BC901 NVMe SK Hynix 512GB came preinstalled with the main OS and a additional Samsung SSD 980 Pro 512GB. I mainly use it for gaming and store all games in the other drive. As due to storage concerns, I upgraded my 980 Pro to 990 Pro 2TB and transferred my games to it and then used the Samsung Magician Software to transfer my OS from SK Hynix to 980 Pro and there were not any error while doing this and then I replaced the SSD and started the PC and my OS and apps were transferred successfully, but I noticed a major amount of loss in FP

:)

Yuzi Plays, Jul 25, 2024

2. PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game

In my last post the fps drop did not count to the pc lagging really bad but now the pc lags and the fps drop happens a lot instead of it happening until some time while I played a game now it just happens really fast, when it does happen I have to restart my pc its really annoying, I really need help

SaladMaster0, Jul 26, 2024
  3. Games in HDD have FPS drop

Hi,

I bought a new computer recently and I have noticed that it has FPS drop in all games that are installed on the HDD.

This PC has 1 SSD and 1 HDD.

The SSD is the C partition (OS) and the HDD is the D partition.

When games are installed on the SSD, they run great. But, when games are installed on the HDD they have FPS drop constantly (every 10 seconds more or less).

I'd really appreciate any help to solve this problem.

Regards,

Phoenix

UPDATE: I installed the game on an External HDD and the game runs great. I don't get why it does not run well with the internal HDD.

UnknownPhoenix, Jul 26, 2024
  4. Games lagging and FPS drops after switching OS to a new SSD.

FPS drop or Game lagging in April Update.

Hi everyone,

This afternoon I got my Windows 10 updated to April 1803 version. Everything seemed to work fine until I launched Assasssin's Creed III . On the previous windows 10 version it worked perfectly without any FPS drop or not even a single lagging while playing.
    But now my game lags sometimes and at times it's becoming horrible experience with the lagging.

So, any possible solution? I've already disabled the Game capture and Game DVR from settings, but they are not helping much.

Should I roll back to previous update? Or Microsoft is going to help by releasing a patch ?

My laptop is Asus X556UQ with NVidia 940 MX( latest driver installed)

MD.FAKHRUDDIN GAZZALI FAHIM, Jul 26, 2024
Thema:

Games lagging and FPS drops after switching OS to a new SSD.

1. Games lagging and FPS drops after switching OS to a new SSD. - Similar Threads - Games lagging FPS

2. Games lagging and FPS drops after switching OS to a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games lagging and FPS drops after switching OS to a new SSD.: Hi, I am using a Dell G15 5530 and before it was having a BC901 NVMe SK Hynix 512GB came preinstalled with the main OS and a additional Samsung SSD 980 Pro 512GB. I mainly use it for gaming and store all games in the other drive. As due to storage concerns, I upgraded my 980...
  3. PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game: In my last post the fps drop did not count to the pc lagging really bad but now the pc lags and the fps drop happens a lot instead of it happening until some time while I played a game now it just happens really fast I really need help...
  4. PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game: In my last post the fps drop did not count to the pc lagging really bad but now the pc lags and the fps drop happens a lot instead of it happening until some time while I played a game now it just happens really fast I really need help...
  5. lag and fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  6. lag and fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  7. Games Crashing after serious Audio lag and FPS drops.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games Crashing after serious Audio lag and FPS drops.: So I have recently played a lot of Apex Legends throughout the past 2 weeks and a couple of days ago my friend on discord made a very loud and weird crackling noise which made my game drop frames and my audio lag. Since that happened I couldn't play Apex Legends because it...
  8. FPS Drop in games after reinstalling os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS Drop in games after reinstalling os: I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 but afterwards noticed that whenever I try to play League of Legends, a not very demanding game, I noticed that my fps would always drop so low near 6-16 fps range. Before reinstalling my OS, I would get 60 fps v-sync on with ultra high...
  9. lags und fps drops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lags und fps drops: ich habe seit 1 172 jahren einen neuen pc. Und seit den letzten updates lagt es nur noch und ich hab in games statt 180 fps nur noch 60 wie kann das sein? das ist schon mein zweiter pc bei dem das der fall ist. habe alles probiert habe sogar in games die grafik runter...
  10. Low performance in games, FPS drops, game is not smooth on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low performance in games, FPS drops, game is not smooth on new SSD: Hello, A few days ago I installed Windows 10 on my laptop using Microsoft instalation tool (Pobierz WindowsÂ*10) (Windows 10 version 1809). I've done it because I've changed my old HDD to SSD. On the previous disk (HDD) I had Windows 10 version 1803. Unfortunately, after...