Windows 10: GameInput Service causing BSOD

Discus and support GameInput Service causing BSOD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated my NVIDIA graphics driver last week and then my PC started to blue screen multiple times a day. I uninstalled the new driver with DDU and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ypeter2, Aug 28, 2024.

1. ypeter2 Win User

GameInput Service causing BSOD

I updated my NVIDIA graphics driver last week and then my PC started to blue screen multiple times a day. I uninstalled the new driver with DDU and reinstalled the driver I had before, but the blue screens won't stop. I checked the event viewer and a lot of errors came from GameInput Services such as:The GameInput Service service terminated with the following error: The compound file GameInput Service was produced with a newer version of storage.The GameInput Service service&

:)

ypeter2, Aug 28, 2024
  2. Adam M.S Win User

GameInput Service

When I am looking at Event Viewer, I get the below error message.
    > The GameInput Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s).

> The GameInput Service service terminated with the following error:

The compound file GameInput Service was produced with a newer version of storage.

> The GameInput Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5 time(s).
    The following corrective action will be taken in 1000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Could some methods of fixing be suggested? and if any more information is required, please specify.

Adam M.S, Aug 28, 2024
  3. How to reinstall GameInput service?

Thank you very much for reaching out! As an Independent Advisor and fellow Microsoft user, I'm more than happy to assist you.

Would you mind giving these steps a try and then informing me of the outcome?

1. Use PowerShell to Reinstall:
      • Open PowerShell as an administrator (right-click the Start button and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)").
      • Run the following commands to reinstall the GameInput service:

2. Repair System Files:
      • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
      • Run the following commands to repair any corrupted system files:

3. Check for Windows Updates:
      • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
      • Click on Check for updates and install any available updates. This might include updates for the GameInput service.
    4. Manually Download and Install GameInput:
      • If the above methods do not work, you might need to manually download the GameInput service files. Unfortunately, there is no direct download link available for these files. However, you can try reinstalling the Xbox app or any game that uses the GameInput service, as they might include the necessary files.
    Regarding the Realtek microphone issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Update Realtek Drivers:
      • Go to the Realtek website and download the latest drivers for your audio device.
      • Install the drivers and restart your computer.
    2. Check Sound Settings:
      • Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar and select Sounds.
      • Go to the Recording tab, right-click your microphone, and select Set as Default Device.
      • Ensure the microphone is not muted and the levels are set correctly.
    3. Use Realtek Audio Console:
      • Open the Realtek Audio Console from the Start menu.
      • Ensure the settings are configured correctly for your microphone.
    Please feel free to reach out if you require any additional assistance. I'm here to help!

Munkhbayar B., Aug 28, 2024
  4. K0MB Win User

GameInput crashing my pc

Hello Theo, sorry about your problems. My name is Marco and I will do my best to help you.

To address the issue of Microsoft GameInput causing crashes on your PC, there are several strategies you can employ to either disable or permanently remove GameInput.

You can try disabling the "GameInput Host Service" via the Services application (services.msc). This has been suggested as a potential fix but might not be a permanent solution as updates could re-enable the service.

It's important to note that some of these solutions might impact the functionality of certain games or services, such as Xbox Game Pass.

Otherwise, to remove it completely, you can consult this forum where several suggestions are posted.

Thema:

1. GameInput Service causing BSOD - Similar Threads - GameInput Service causing

2. GameInput Service causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GameInput Service causing BSOD: I updated my NVIDIA graphics driver last week and then my PC started to blue screen multiple times a day. I uninstalled the new driver with DDU and reinstalled the driver I had before, but the blue screens won't stop. I checked the event viewer and a lot of errors came from...
  3. Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?: Hello. Just as I started typing this the laptop died again, so i booted up safe mode to try and reach for the minidump files, which are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V334rEcKYU562ViKA1deaf9_BnbTsiJY?usp=sharingAnd guess what: it crashes also in safe mode, and...
  4. Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?: Hello. Just as I started typing this the laptop died again, so i booted up safe mode to try and reach for the minidump files, which are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V334rEcKYU562ViKA1deaf9_BnbTsiJY?usp=sharingAnd guess what: it crashes also in safe mode, and...
  5. BSOD because of GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD because of GameInput Service: Hi,I seem to be crashing while gaming or using 3D related programs, tried updatingdrivers and Windows, reinstalling Windows, etc, etc.I'll add the Minidump file below. I've read this maybe different kinds of driver issues, so I'd like to ask for help in reading the file....
  6. BSOD because of GameInput Service

BSOD because of GameInput Service: Hi,I seem to be crashing while gaming or using 3D related programs, tried updatingdrivers and Windows, reinstalling Windows, etc, etc.I'll add the Minidump file below. I've read this maybe different kinds of driver issues, so I'd like to ask for help in reading the file....
  7. Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD: Hello, I've been getting blue screens for about six months. And when I checked the reliability monitor, it showed that Microsoft GameInput was causing this problem. I searched on that issue but couldn't find a fix for it. I added the files to my minidump folder. Because of...
  8. Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD

Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD: Hello, I've been getting blue screens for about six months. And when I checked the reliability monitor, it showed that Microsoft GameInput was causing this problem. I searched on that issue but couldn't find a fix for it. I added the files to my minidump folder. Because of...
  9. Minecraft and Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft and Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD Help!: Hello whoever is reading this.First I'll share some specs of the computer we are working on.The computer is fairly new. It was purchased on 11/2021 and was running Windows 10 originally. . It is an ASRock Z590-C/ac.After troubleshooting it is now running Windows 11.Processor...
  10. Minecraft and Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD Help!

Minecraft and Microsoft GameInput Causing BSOD Help!: Hello whoever is reading this.First I'll share some specs of the computer we are working on.The computer is fairly new. It was purchased on 11/2021 and was running Windows 10 originally. . It is an ASRock Z590-C/ac.After troubleshooting it is now running Windows 11.Processor...