Windows 10: Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall

Discus and support Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Apologies as I know this question has been asked before, but most of the answers are a couple years old and I'm looking to determine whether the answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TeslaCoyle, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall

Apologies as I know this question has been asked before, but most of the answers are a couple years old and I'm looking to determine whether the answer has since changed.I am a Game Pass subscriber and have several games installed to non-OS drives. My OS drive seems to be dying often will not detect the OS on boot and requires me to unplug/re-plug the SATA cable, so I have created a new partition on one of my non-OS drives, and plan to reinstall my same copy of Windows 10 on it using a flash drive.After I do this, I would like to ideally point the Xbox app at the same installation director

:)

TeslaCoyle, Dec 27, 2021
  2. Dboy352 Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC Game Save Location

Does anyone know where the games downloaded from the xbox game pass pc save to? When you select to install a game it asks what drive you want to save to if you have multiple. I always select it to save to my HDD and not my SSD. But I had to reinstall my
    xbox game pass app (which was on my ssd) and now it does not recognize my games and I cannot find the game files on the HDD.

Also is there a way to tell xbox game pass for pc where to look for the files so it does not need to be downloaded again?

Dboy352, Dec 27, 2021
  3. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Dec 27, 2021
  4. Kuraai Win User

Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall

Save-game location for XBOX Game pass for Windows games.

I'd like to know where the save files are stored for Xbox Game Pass files on Windows.

I've tried searching for the 'Saved Games' folder in Documents, also checked the 'My games' folder and any other subfolders, alas to no avail.

I did find some other folders/files under local\appdata\packages, but not the save files.

Adding to this, I understand it's still a beta (a paid one at that though), but there is no indication as to where the save files are stored or if cloud saves are supported at all, using multiple pc's this can be quite a dealbreaker.

Regards

Kuraai, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall

1. Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall - Similar Threads - Game Pass Saved

2. PC GAME PASS AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC GAME PASS AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS 11: I want to re install my windows but I have Office Home Student on my windows and free PC Game Pass for 3 month in my laptop but I haven't claimed the PC Game Pass will I lose my Game Pass if i not claim it? Or should i claim it first And then restart ?...
  3. PC GAME PASS AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC GAME PASS AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS 11: I want to re install my windows but I have Office Home Student on my windows and free PC Game Pass for 3 month in my laptop but I haven't claimed the PC Game Pass will I lose my Game Pass if i not claim it? Or should i claim it first And then restart ?...
  4. Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass- Saved Games after Windows reinstall: Apologies as I know this question has been asked before, but most of the answers are a couple years old and I'm looking to determine whether the answer has since changed.I am a Game Pass subscriber and have several games installed to non-OS drives. My OS drive seems to be...
  5. I can't find the saves for game pass games ANYWHERE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the saves for game pass games ANYWHERE!: I have looked all over appdata and all the common places for the saves to be, they are not there, all I want to do is backup the save from Hollow Knight: voidheart edition. Please do NOT close this thread without properly answering this question, I don't want you to tell me...
  6. How to reinstall games? - PC Game Pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall games? - PC Game Pass: Hi guys, So I've just had to reinstall Windows due to an unfixable driver error, and now I've run into an issue regarding Xbox and Game Pass. I had multiple games installed over 2 drives, totaling well over 1TB. Now, that I've had to reinstall windows, I'm having to install...
  7. Will uninstalling and reinstalling game pass delete games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will uninstalling and reinstalling game pass delete games?: My friend has gamepass and is having issues with the program and he wants to uninstall it and reinstall it but is afraid his games will get deleted....
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC Game Save Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Pass PC Game Save Location: Does anyone know where the games downloaded from the xbox game pass pc save to? When you select to install a game it asks what drive you want to save to if you have multiple. I always select it to save to my HDD and not my SSD. But I had to reinstall my xbox game pass app...
  9. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  10. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...