Windows 10: Game causing my computer to crash

Discus and support Game causing my computer to crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have been having an issue where my computer black screens when I am playing Valorant specifically.The crash doesn't seem to occur in any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Christopher Davey, Sep 27, 2024 at 7:17 PM.

1. Game causing my computer to crash

Hello,I have been having an issue where my computer black screens when I am playing Valorant specifically.The crash doesn't seem to occur in any other games.What I have tried so far:Uninstalling the game and all associated programs from my PC and freshly installing themUninstalling Nvidia drivers completely and fresh installing themI cannot work out why it is happening as there is no stopcode when it crashes.Memory DMP File: MEMORY.DMPIf anyone has any advise I would really appreciate it

:)

Christopher Davey, Sep 27, 2024 at 7:17 PM
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

3. Jessen P Win User
    ASPHALT 8 GAME crashes as soon as it is opened

Hi Deepak,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular game?
    Since the game is crashing, the first thing I would suggest is to reinstall the game and then check if it helps. I would also request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if it helps.

Putting your system inClean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please revert if the game still crashes.

Thank you.

4. Game causing my computer to crash

Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Sep 27, 2024 at 7:22 PM
Thema:

Game causing my computer to crash

1. Game causing my computer to crash - Similar Threads - Game causing computer

2. Game causing my computer to crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game causing my computer to crash: Hello,I have been having an issue where my computer black screens when I am playing Valorant specifically.The crash doesn't seem to occur in any other games.What I have tried so far:Uninstalling the game and all associated programs from my PC and freshly installing...
  3. Game causing my computer to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game causing my computer to crash: Hello,I have been having an issue where my computer black screens when I am playing Valorant specifically.The crash doesn't seem to occur in any other games.What I have tried so far:Uninstalling the game and all associated programs from my PC and freshly installing...
  4. gaming sometimes causing crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming sometimes causing crashes: not always but most of time whenever i play a game it crashes to desktop or does a bsod with an error code page fault in non paged area and i got a memory management bsod once ive tried the :-sfc and dism -mem diag tool -updating gpu drivers -RESETTING THE PC fresh windowsand...
  5. Youtube causes win11 gaming computer to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube causes win11 gaming computer to freeze and crash: It freezes 99% of the time forcing me to manually shutdown. Sometimes I can even still move my mouse pointer around the screen, but can't do anything else, not even ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager.AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core, NVidia GeForce RTX 3060, 16gb ram.Double...
  6. Youtube causes win11 gaming computer to freeze and crash

Youtube causes win11 gaming computer to freeze and crash: It freezes 99% of the time forcing me to manually shutdown. Sometimes I can even still move my mouse pointer around the screen, but can't do anything else, not even ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager.AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core, NVidia GeForce RTX 3060, 16gb ram.Double...
  7. Games crash my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crash my computer: Hello. I bought a new custom computer almost two years ago custom windows 10 professional, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics. At first it worked perfectly, except one or two games would crash it. This problem has gotten progressively worse, and now any game will crash it. I have...
  8. Games crash my computer

Games crash my computer: Hello. I bought a new custom computer almost two years ago custom windows 10 professional, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics. At first it worked perfectly, except one or two games would crash it. This problem has gotten progressively worse, and now any game will crash it. I have...
  9. Games crash my computer

10. Computer Crashes and Mouse causes game stutter

Computer Crashes and Mouse causes game stutter: So i purchased my omen laptop about 6 months ago and had maybe a blue screen here and there and thought nothing of it. Then it happened 3 times in one day so i did a fresh install of windows and it worked for 2 days and then started back up again. I reinstalled my graphics...