Windows 10: Game bar capture unresponsive greyed out/not working

Discus and support Game bar capture unresponsive greyed out/not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an ongoing problem with Game Bar for Windows 11 regarding the "Capture" options Screenshots, Recording. Usually after restarting my PC or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChandlerLangermann, Sep 2, 2024.

1. Game bar capture unresponsive greyed out/not working

I have an ongoing problem with Game Bar for Windows 11 regarding the "Capture" options Screenshots, Recording. Usually after restarting my PC or launching an application, the capture options appear greyed-out and unusable. Attempting to use hotkeys to take a screenshot or record the screen, nothing happens until minutes later when each input is processed and sometimes repeated, taking multiple screenshots and starting and stopping recordings which unlocks the capture options but fills the captures folder with second-long videos and duplicated screenshots. I have tried multiple possible solut

:)

ChandlerLangermann, Sep 2, 2024

2. Xbox Game Bar capturing greyed out on Windows 11.

I've just tried to capture some gameplay on Windows 11 and the capture setting on xbox game bar are greyed out.

I have tried to repair, reset and enable the app for recording and broadcasting and even checked for any updates but no matter what I try the app doesn't work.

Is this a Windows 11 issue ?

Chris 89 lfc, Sep 2, 2024
  3. Fatima_J Win User
    Xbox game bar gallery not showing captures!

Hi Gamerstear11 ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community Forum.

I hope you're doing well today.

I truly understand that you are having an issue with Xbox game bar that is not showing any captures , let's work on this together for us to fix the issue.

Kindly follow the steps below that could possibly fix the issue.

Fix 1 : Enable game bar in settings

• Go to Settings
    • Then click Gaming icon to continue.
    • go to the Game Bar panel, make sure the option Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Gaming bar is on.
    You may open the link below and follow the steps from there.

[SOLVED] Xbox game bar gallery error - captures not showing up - Microsoft Community

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Fatima

Microsoft Community

Fatima_J, Sep 2, 2024
  4. Game bar capture unresponsive greyed out/not working

Game bar capture doesn't record audio anymore

The fix is still likely there. Game bar recording fixes are eventually going to fix only Game Bar audio not recording. I assure you if you work through those fixes the problem would have been solved.

Zeroing in on only Game Bar audio not working there are fixes here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Step 4 here: https://democreator.wondershare.com/screen-reco...

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftTeams/comment...

https://gamerz-forum.com/threads/xbox-game-bar-...

This is an interactive process. I give steps to perform, you do each one and then report back results until something works, so I know what to suggest next. If you need help performing any step, just ask back. But please do not skip any steps. We often find out the skipped step is the fix.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the detailed results you post back, I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Sep 2, 2024
Thema:

Game bar capture unresponsive greyed out/not working

1. Game bar capture unresponsive greyed out/not working - Similar Threads - Game bar capture

2. Game bar capture unresponsive greyed out/not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar capture unresponsive greyed out/not working: I have an ongoing problem with Game Bar for Windows 11 regarding the "Capture" options Screenshots, Recording. Usually after restarting my PC or launching an application, the capture options appear greyed-out and unusable. Attempting to use hotkeys to take a screenshot or...
  3. Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out: My game bar looks like this:-My Captures Setting looks like this, "Recording Preferences" is completely empty.I have tried the solution of regedit on the following post but still it's not...
  4. Xbox game bar Capture not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar Capture not working: Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-capture-not-working/874c9fea-7367-4939-9c76-7a2f1290e285
  5. Xbox game bar Capture not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar Capture not working: Whenever I use the shortcut to save a clip or start a recording it never starts. I've checked the See my captures thing and it isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-capture-not-working/874c9fea-7367-4939-9c76-7a2f1290e285
  6. Xbox Game Bar capturing greyed out on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar capturing greyed out on Windows 11.: I've just tried to capture some gameplay on Windows 11 and the capture setting on xbox game bar are greyed out. I have tried to repair, reset and enable the app for recording and broadcasting and even checked for any updates but no matter what I try the app doesn't work. Is...
  7. Xbox Game Bar capturing greyed out on Windows 11.

Xbox Game Bar capturing greyed out on Windows 11.: I've just tried to capture some gameplay on Windows 11 and the capture setting on xbox game bar are greyed out. I have tried to repair, reset and enable the app for recording and broadcasting and even checked for any updates but no matter what I try the app doesn't work. Is...
  8. Game Bar capture too bright/blown out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar capture too bright/blown out: My pc is low end and only game bar capture works well for recording games. I recently reinstalled windows and now game bar capture videos are brighter than my game. The whights are blown out, looks overexposed. Anyone know any fix for this? submitted by /u/Rafid_wayne...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Record Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar Record Greyed Out: As the title says, I can't use the game bar's record ability. I last used it a couple weeks ago, and it worked fine then. Anytime I try to use the shortcut I get an error saying "Recording isn't working". I've tried doing all pending updates as well as trying the repair...
  10. Game Bar Not Capturing

Game Bar Not Capturing: Game bar doesnt seem to work with Rogue Company. When I clip something it shows up in my captures but its usually only the audio if even that. This is the only game Ive had problems with....