Windows 10: Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine

Discus and support Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an issue that after I recover the deleted files from the hard drive and try to open the image it shows almost fully gray picture covering the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdwinTran1, Jul 1, 2024 at 9:37 PM.

1. Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine

I have an issue that after I recover the deleted files from the hard drive and try to open the image it shows almost fully gray picture covering the image when the Thumbnail shows the original image without the covered Image, but as I went and View extra large icons, it shows almost fully gray picture covering the image. even the large icon. I am totally pissed off because I try to find an corrupt image repair tool. It either doesn't work or I have to pay for outrageous price.

:)

2. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Jul 1, 2024 at 9:46 PM
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 1, 2024 at 9:46 PM
  4. Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine

Photo thumbnail picture

Found this is the easier way: the blue area marked organize/new folder way to right u 3 icons box w/down arrow(STOP, here to choose what size pic u want, done, over), 3 paned window , blue ?!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/xqGNuvGuxn5GXEtC9

Thema:

Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine

1. Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine - Similar Threads - Fully Gray Picture

2. Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine: I have an issue that after I recover the deleted files from the hard drive and try to open the image it shows almost fully gray picture covering the image when the Thumbnail shows the original image without the covered Image, but as I went and View extra large icons, it shows...
  3. Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fully Gray Picture when the Thumbnail looks fine: I have an issue that after I recover the deleted files from the hard drive and try to open the image it shows almost fully gray picture covering the image when the Thumbnail shows the original image without the covered Image, but as I went and View extra large icons, it shows...
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  5. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  6. Photo's have large gray boxes covering over half of the image. Look fine in the Thumbnail.

Photo's have large gray boxes covering over half of the image. Look fine in the Thumbnail.: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have found this happens not just on windows but also on my phone occasionally. I've always assumed it's a corrupt file but I just downloaded these images, they were fine yesterday, and now today EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM look like this. I need these for...
  7. My picture thumbnails

My picture thumbnails: How do you get the thumbnails showing in the my pictures folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-picture-thumbnails/2ca4aa38-41bf-4c8e-98f8-764575907f9b
  8. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  9. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  10. Photo thumbnail picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo thumbnail picture: When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461