Windows 10: Front jack not working

Discus and support Front jack not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I've tried different thigs, deleting old drivers, installing the new ones etc. The only thing that worked is using mono audio, entering only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rafael Alaverdyan, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Front jack not working

So I've tried different thigs, deleting old drivers, installing the new ones etc. The only thing that worked is using mono audio, entering only the part of the headphones wire, which makes the sound very quiet and the right ear sound doesn't play when I test it while the left ear sound plays on both, so this is a very bad solution imo. Are there any ways to make it function normally? I want to connect my speakers to the back part and the headphones to the front part and It's really annoying me that I have to switch between them now

:)

Rafael Alaverdyan, Jul 25, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

3.5 mm audio jack is not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the 3.5mm jack on your computer is not working. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

I would suggest you to try connecting any other headphones to the jack and check if it works.

If connecting any other headphone doesn’t work, you may want to try running a hardware diagnostic checkup on the computer just to make sure there is no hardware fault. Refer the Dell article on
    Diagnostics & Tools.

You can also try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Dell article

How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues

Note: The last step in the article talks about Restoring the PC to Factory defaults. Do not perform the step.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 25, 2024
  3. Windows 10 and Magic Jack compatibility problem

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists even after trying so many suggestions.

• What and all steps have you tried?
    • Do you face the same voice issue when you are using other apps?
    If it is the issue with Magic Jack, you need to contact Magic Jack support.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 25, 2024
  4. Front jack not working

Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jul 25, 2024
Thema:

Front jack not working

1. Front jack not working - Similar Threads - Front jack working

2. Front jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front jack not working: So I've tried different thigs, deleting old drivers, installing the new ones etc. The only thing that worked is using mono audio, entering only the part of the headphones wire, which makes the sound very quiet and the right ear sound doesn't play when I test it while the left...
  3. Front jack not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front jack not working: So I've tried different thigs, deleting old drivers, installing the new ones etc. The only thing that worked is using mono audio, entering only the part of the headphones wire, which makes the sound very quiet and the right ear sound doesn't play when I test it while the left...
  4. Front 3.5 jack refuses to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front 3.5 jack refuses to work: Front 3.5 jack refuses to work after startup after I reinstalled the system. It does begin working after a reboot though. Not sure what causes it, probably an issue with drivers? I installed Realtek Audio drivers because I did not like the fact that I had to switch between...
  5. Front 3.5 jack refuses to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Front 3.5 jack refuses to work: Front 3.5 jack refuses to work after startup after I reinstalled the system. It does begin working after a reboot though. Not sure what causes it, probably an issue with drivers? I installed Realtek Audio drivers because I did not like the fact that I had to switch between...
  6. Front Audio Jack not working

Front Audio Jack not working: after installing window 10 to my hp prodesk 600 G1 SFF, front audio jacks are not working for any of my headphones. tried installing drivers from HP site and also from realtek site but no luck. if anyone have the solution then please let me know...
  7. Front audio jacks not working

Front audio jacks not working: Hello, I'm user of Windows 10 OS and i have problems with front audio jacks. I know it is pretty common problem that is asked, but all the tutorials and every solution i found on forums didn't work. Since they all require Realtek. It is not that I do not like Realtek but...
  8. CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection: [ATTACH] I've been wrestling with this **** all day and I'm very frustrated, to say the least. I've never had much of a problem with Windows 10 and I tend to like it, for the most part... But, now that Realtek's decided to stop ******* supporting its HD Audio Manager and...
  9. Front Panel Jack not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front Panel Jack not working: From the past versions of windows 10, my front jack (headphones) is working. Then when i installed the new update. The front jack cant be read or detect. Please help me so that i can listen peacefully. submitted by /u/johnbarillo18 [link] [comments]...
  10. Front jack on my pc is not working.

Front jack on my pc is not working.: My headphones jack on the front pannel doesnt work. I tried updating my drivers, but they are all up to date. I went troughout the whole internet looking for a solution. The back jacks work but the front doesn't work. Please help me. Thanks....