Windows 10: Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen

Discus and support Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently bought a new ssd to replace my hdd that I've been using for years. I did a clean install of windows which went perfectly well, completed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fisher_610, Jul 19, 2024.

1. Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen

I recently bought a new ssd to replace my hdd that I've been using for years. I did a clean install of windows which went perfectly well, completed and even restarted itself. After that first restart, I opened file Explorer to start moving files over from the old hdd to the new ssd the icons on my desktop disappeared along with my mouse and the windows error sound played every few seconds. I shut down the computer and upon it's new boot it only showed a black screen. I was able to boot to BIOS but nothing after that would show anything. After some research I disconnected my graphics card and t

:)

Fisher_610, Jul 19, 2024

2. Black screen on windows boot

I have done all this things excempt using another psu because i dont have it but nothing change.
    The thing im sure right now is that for some reason evene on fresh install windows detect it as vga standard and not hd 7900 series in the first place .
    Only after driver signature see the gpu as hd 7900 series but after reboot and windows logo star up the screen goes black and the monitor turn off like as the gpu turn itself off .

Capitan Harlock, Jul 19, 2024
  3. Jbz9z9 Win User
    Windows 10 works for a few minutes after fresh install on new SSD then crashes to black screen, continues to fail to make it to login screen

This problem has happened twice now after a fresh install of Windows 10 onto a new computer. Everything seems to work perfectly until a few minutes in and it randomly crashes. The first time it crashed I, afterwards when rebooting it, was unable to get even
    a Windows loading screen, it just said to insert proper boot media. So, I cleaned it then did a fresh install of Windows even managed to hit restart and it was working fine until a few minutes later when the same, seemingly random, black screen came up. Now
    it is able to get to a windows loading screen after the bios splash, and then just a black screen. No video output. I believe this is just a faulty SSD, but would like to hear if there are any other suggestions.

Comp specs are as follows:

ASrock z370m Pro4- mobo

Nvidia 1060 6gb

i5 8600k

x2 g.skill trident rgb 8gb

Jbz9z9, Jul 19, 2024
  4. Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Jul 19, 2024
Thema:

Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen

1. Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen - Similar Threads - Fresh install ssd

2. Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen: I recently bought a new ssd to replace my hdd that I've been using for years. I did a clean install of windows which went perfectly well, completed and even restarted itself. After that first restart, I opened file Explorer to start moving files over from the old hdd to the...
  3. Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh windows install on new ssd boots to black screen: I recently bought a new ssd to replace my hdd that I've been using for years. I did a clean install of windows which went perfectly well, completed and even restarted itself. After that first restart, I opened file Explorer to start moving files over from the old hdd to the...
  4. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.: I just purchased a new SSD to replace my old dying HDD. I was excited for the upgrade and couldn't wait to put it in my PC. However when I installed the SSD and attempted to boot up my PC, I am just met with a black screen. Nothing happens, there are no loading notifications,...
  5. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.: I just purchased a new SSD to replace my old dying HDD. I was excited for the upgrade and couldn't wait to put it in my PC. However when I installed the SSD and attempted to boot up my PC, I am just met with a black screen. Nothing happens, there are no loading notifications,...
  6. Black Screen on startup after installing new SSD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD: I'm in the middle of updating some hardware on my pc, and after installing windows on my new ssd, i cant seem to use windows 11 pro anymore. so i need to deactivate it on my old boot drive to use it?...
  8. Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD

Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD: I'm in the middle of updating some hardware on my pc, and after installing windows on my new ssd, i cant seem to use windows 11 pro anymore. so i need to deactivate it on my old boot drive to use it?...
  9. Booting PC with Windows 10 install on new SSD leads to plain black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting PC with Windows 10 install on new SSD leads to plain black screen: Recently got a new SSD for the purpose of running the OS and other important software. Went through the same procedure as i did my HDD and the install worked fine. After the installation 2 hrs - longer than on my HDD which was only 30 mins and several restarts, I...
  10. Preforming a fresh installation of windows on a new ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preforming a fresh installation of windows on a new ssd: I would like to get an ssd to house my OS and keep my large files and games on my current hdd. Instead of cloning the hdd, as it would be larger than the ssd. I would like to just install windows on the new drive but then does having two drives with windows installed conflict...