Windows 10: Fresh Win 11 install question

Discus and support Fresh Win 11 install question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I currently have two Windows 10 Pro retail from the MS store on two PC's. I keep hearing I can upgrade to Win 11 with this key. Once I make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NATHANIELDVORAK, May 24, 2023.

1. Fresh Win 11 install question

I currently have two Windows 10 Pro retail from the MS store on two PC's. I keep hearing I can upgrade to Win 11 with this key. Once I make the necessary changes in BIOS, can I do a fresh install VIA Media Creation Tool USB to install Win 11 Pro and activate with my Win 10 Pro keys? TIA

:)

NATHANIELDVORAK, May 24, 2023
  2. Dave____J Win User

Install Win 11 alogside win 10 question

1. I called the support phone number and was told they do not support dual booting to Win 11.

2. I keep getting the message from the installer "we couldn't create a new partition or locate one".

3. What I am trying to do is install a fresh copy of Win 11 on a second hard drive. Win 10 is on "C". I want to put Win 11 on "T". I have tried the media creation tool. I have downloaded an ISO and used Rufus to burn it to a USB. I have tried most of the suggestions posted over the internet, but none have worked.

4. One of the solutions I can think of is to disconnect or remove the "C" drive, do the installation, and re-connect the drive. The downside to this process is the fact the PC needs to be disassembled to accomplish the process. ( remove the graphics card and one heatsink ). Another is to use xcopy with the switches k/h/e to put the files from the USB on the "T" drive and try to boot to the installer

5. I need advice as to possible solutions.

Dave____J, May 24, 2023
  3. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, May 24, 2023
  4. Fresh Win 11 install question

Fresh Install of Win10 after Upgrade?

I've upgraded Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro. My system is running slow so I want to do a Fresh Install of Win 10. Question is How do I do it? How to create a Bootable usb of installed Win 10? and also I'm unable to see Product Key of my upgraded Windows?
    Is there any Step by step guide to do that? Help me out!!!

ChetanThapliyal, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Fresh Win 11 install question

1. Fresh Win 11 install question - Similar Threads - Fresh install question

2. win 11 installation question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 installation question: hi i had a problem when my win 11 would not boot and could not recover and started to install a new version when my older version decided to work so installation of new one i stopped.But it still tries to boot from that volume first instead of the working volume and have to...
  3. win 11 installation question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 installation question: hi i had a problem when my win 11 would not boot and could not recover and started to install a new version when my older version decided to work so installation of new one i stopped.But it still tries to boot from that volume first instead of the working volume and have to...
  4. Fresh Win 11 install question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Win 11 install question: I currently have two Windows 10 Pro retail from the MS store on two PC's. I keep hearing I can upgrade to Win 11 with this key. Once I make the necessary changes in BIOS, can I do a fresh install VIA Media Creation Tool USB to install Win 11 Pro and activate with my Win 10...
  5. Fresh Windows Install regarding question.

Fresh Windows Install regarding question.: In my laptop win11 is already install in HDD, I will install one SSD and use as Dual Storage Configuration. In that SSD I want to fresh install Win11, in this process will I loose my data in HDD, if I do not remove the HDD from Laptop during fresh Windows install?...
  6. Install Win 11 alogside win 10 question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Win 11 alogside win 10 question: 1. I called the support phone number and was told they do not support dual booting to Win 11. 2. I keep getting the message from the installer "we couldn't create a new partition or locate one".3. What I am trying to do is install a fresh copy of Win 11 on a second hard...
  7. Install Win 11 alogside win 10 question

Install Win 11 alogside win 10 question: 1. I called the support phone number and was told they do not support dual booting to Win 11. 2. I keep getting the message from the installer "we couldn't create a new partition or locate one".3. What I am trying to do is install a fresh copy of Win 11 on a second hard...
  8. Fresh install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Win 10: I have an 2014 vintage ASUS Transformer that I would like to wipe clean and buy/install Windows 10. The problem is the original Win 8.1 install seems to be corrupt. It will not update, and if I try to refresh or reinstall, it wants the installation media, which I do not have....
  9. Fresh installation question

Fresh installation question: I'm planning my first install of 10 onto a new SSD. I have win7 home registered and my account key on hand. From the reading I've done it seems possible to bypass the "upgrade" step but I'm still a bit confused by some of the jargon etc. Basically what is the simplest...
  10. Fresh Install Questions

Fresh Install Questions: Hey there, so recently I built my first gaming PC. I was having issues with it not displaying anything so I took it to a PC repair shop. The guy fixed it, and also installed Windows 10 as well as all the drivers. This was great, however, I now have a irrational fear that the...