Windows 10: Frequent BSOD crashes

Discus and support Frequent BSOD crashes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having regular BSOD errors while gaming, specifically Overwatch. The game will run 10 to 15 minutes, then I'll get a BSOD with a variety of errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David2am73, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Frequent BSOD crashes

I'm having regular BSOD errors while gaming, specifically Overwatch. The game will run 10 to 15 minutes, then I'll get a BSOD with a variety of errors including irql_not_less_or_equal, bugcheck, etc. I have, so far as I know, updated all relevant drivers; I've done memory scans and chkdsk scans; and I've kept the gpu temps to 71c or so. This is on an MSI Prestige 15, NVIDIA GTX1650, IntelR CoreTM i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.Any insight is welcome!

:)

David2am73, Sep 18, 2022
  2. axe0 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

Redirecting

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Sep 18, 2022
  4. fraidso Win User

Frequent BSOD crashes

Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation

Hey all, I'm getting frequent DPC Watchdog_Violation BSOD crashes and I just cannot figure out why.

A bit of background: I bought an ACER Aspirer TC-280 Desktop in March. It ran okay for about a month then it started acting up. I had a ticking hard drive, multiple crashes etc. In Late June/early July, I had the HDD replaced by ACER. It continued to act up so the following week in July I had the entire tower replaced, with an indentical model.

This second TC-280 is the one currently experiencing frequent crashes. It will often go days without issue, and then have a crash with another one shortly after. The most recent crash was around 3:45 am on the morning of August 25, and one about 1:40 am on the morning of August 23. It almost crashed around 2:30 pm, today August 26 (frozen picture, buzzing sound) but it resolved itself.

It usually happens when watching videos on the computer. Youtube, from the HDD, doesn't matter. The screen will freeze and the audio will buzz until the blue screen pops up saying the system experienced an issue, and the code is DPC Watchdog Violation. However, it can also happen when doing something benign, for example, I had it freeze when simply scrolling through a text webpage.

I have done multiple Google searches and checked numerous forums and to try and fix this issue I have tried:

• Updating display/audio/chipset/etc drivers
    • Changing from HDMI-DVI to DVI-DVI to connect my monitor to the tower because I read that HDMI can cause issues
    • Turning of Fast-start up (I have since turned it back on because it made no difference)
    • Uninstalling Kaspersky (anti-virus) because I read that 3rd party antivirus can cause issues

The only thing that is constant between this computer and the last that also experienced BSOD crashes is my software (most of which I have used for years on multiple systems without issue) and monitor (again, also been using for years on multiple systems without issue) and I've searched multiple times to see if a monitor can cause this issue and have come up with nothing.

I followed the steps in the posting instructions and will attach the created zip file. Any help is greatly appreciated with this issue. It is driving me insane and I know I'm going to end up with a corrupted system/HDD if these crashes continue.

fraidso, Sep 18, 2022
Thema:

Frequent BSOD crashes

1. Frequent BSOD crashes - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD crashes

2. Frequent BSOD and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD and crashes: Hi there,I have a PC I built about a year ago with 3080TI and Ryzen 5 5600X, MSI B550 Tomahawk mobo running on win 11. I am having a hard time with this PC. It will have multiple BSOD and crashes but I am unable to recreate the issue. Sometimes it will crash when I post and...
  3. Frequent BSOD and crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD and crashes: Hi there,I have a PC I built about a year ago with 3080TI and Ryzen 5 5600X, MSI B550 Tomahawk mobo running on win 11. I am having a hard time with this PC. It will have multiple BSOD and crashes but I am unable to recreate the issue. Sometimes it will crash when I post and...
  4. Frequent BSOD crashes

Frequent BSOD crashes: I'm having regular BSOD errors while gaming, specifically Overwatch. The game will run 10 to 15 minutes, then I'll get a BSOD with a variety of errors including irql_not_less_or_equal, bugcheck, etc. I have, so far as I know, updated all relevant drivers; I've done memory...
  5. Frequent BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD crashes: I'm having regular BSOD errors while gaming, specifically Overwatch. The game will run 10 to 15 minutes, then I'll get a BSOD with a variety of errors including irql_not_less_or_equal, bugcheck, etc. I have, so far as I know, updated all relevant drivers; I've done memory...
  6. BSOD issues and frequent crashes

BSOD issues and frequent crashes: I've been having a bit of trouble recently with a few blue screen and pc crashes. The most frequent blue screen notification is driver irql_less_or_not_equal but there are security check violations also. These crashes happen more often during gaming but also occur during the...
  7. Frequent BSOD Crashes

Frequent BSOD Crashes: Hello! Please help me with my problem. My problem is that my computer always/frequently BSOD crashes every time I'm using it even on standby mode. I commonly get MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I did everything I can do, updated the drivers, ran the...
  8. Frequent BSOD crashes

Frequent BSOD crashes: Hey guys, I am having one heck of a time trying to figure out why this computer keeps giving me the BSOD. I have updated all the drivers. I have reinstalled windows, I have been combing google trying to figure it out. when I check the event log i get: The computer has...
  9. Frequent game crashes and BSODs

Frequent game crashes and BSODs: My PC has been suffering from just about every BSOD error code occasionally and nearly all of my games crash shortly after startup. This issue has persisted for a few weeks now, and I'm running out of options. -The "sfc /scannow" command in Command Prompt is able to...
  10. Frequent BSOD Crashes

Frequent BSOD Crashes: Intel I& 7700K Asus ROG STRIX Z270F GeForce RTX 2070 4x8 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz Samsung 860 EVO SSD (500gb and a 2TB) Windows 10 Pro I built the PC back in March and up until about a month ago it was working without issues hours on end. I'm not sure what has changed...