Windows 10: Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation

Discus and support Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all :I have loved computers and computer gaming all my life but never personally got my hands dirty working on a PC.Yesterday, I upgraded my CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by declanblue, Aug 3, 2024.

1. Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation

Hi all :I have loved computers and computer gaming all my life but never personally got my hands dirty working on a PC.Yesterday, I upgraded my CPU Ryzen 3 1300x to Ryzen 9 5900x for the first time. I love the upgrade and have noticed a significant performance increase in my games. I was pretty satisfied considering it was my first installation and almost everything went smoothly. Then now and again I experience BSODs at seemingly random times, often hours apart. The crash always reads WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. After googling, it says "Hardware Issue". Which piece? Could be any of them? Coo

:)

declanblue, Aug 3, 2024

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Aug 3, 2024
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 3, 2024
  4. Bree Win User

Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation

Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent

Welcome to TenForums @wolf145

You don't say where you found these threads, but we have some tutorials here on TenForums on that subject which probably cover the steps you took.

Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Note that the second one on 'how to clear the lists' basically says turn it off then on again. I'm afraid your lists may well have been cleared by now. The frequent places in your quick access will rebuild its list as you use the PC, but there's no way to retrieve an old list. You'll have to recreate it by revisiting those places I'm afraid.

If you have been relying on these quick access links as your primary way to find places you want, then once you have rebuilt the list you can right-click on the important ones and choose 'Pin to Quick access' to make them permanent.

Bree, Aug 3, 2024
Thema:

Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation

1. Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD recent

2. Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation: Hi all :I have loved computers and computer gaming all my life but never personally got my hands dirty working on a PC.Yesterday, I upgraded my CPU Ryzen 3 1300x to Ryzen 9 5900x for the first time. I love the upgrade and have noticed a significant performance increase in my...
  3. Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD after recent CPU installation: Hi all :I have loved computers and computer gaming all my life but never personally got my hands dirty working on a PC.Yesterday, I upgraded my CPU Ryzen 3 1300x to Ryzen 9 5900x for the first time. I love the upgrade and have noticed a significant performance increase in my...
  4. Frequent BSOD Recently

Frequent BSOD Recently: My pc was frequently BSOD right after i on my pc bsod appear around 1 or 3 times then sometimes when i'm in game i already run the dump file in WinDbg and i don;t how to analyze it ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck...
  5. Frequent BSOD Recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD Recently: My pc was frequently BSOD right after i on my pc bsod appear around 1 or 3 times then sometimes when i'm in game i already run the dump file in WinDbg and i don;t how to analyze it ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck...
  6. Frequent BSOD Recently

7. Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.

Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.: A couple weeks ago, I installed a new cpu, and ever since then, I've been having frequent bluescreens that I haven't been able to diagnose myself. I installed the appropriate drivers for my chipset after the first couple of errors, but I've still been crashing frequently and...
  8. Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.: A couple weeks ago, I installed a new cpu, and ever since then, I've been having frequent bluescreens that I haven't been able to diagnose myself. I installed the appropriate drivers for my chipset after the first couple of errors, but I've still been crashing frequently and...
  9. Frequent BSODs since new cpu installation.

10. Recent Random Frequent BSOD

Recent Random Frequent BSOD: Relatively new build, clean install of Win10, fully updated. Starting a couple of days ago, I've been re-booting about every hour or so, nothing helpful in the Event Viewer logs, so I'm posting here. Config: AMD Athlon X4 860K factory clocking and cooler Gigabyte...