Windows 10: Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license

Discus and support Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro license and it is showing that it is eligible for a Windows 11 update.My question is whether if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by {AK}, Aug 19, 2024.

1. {AK} Win User

Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro license and it is showing that it is eligible for a Windows 11 update.My question is whether if I upgrade from the activated Windows 10 to Windows 11, will it be a free upgrade with the Pro license, and will there be any license errors after upgrading?Did i get the windows 11 pro with the same licence.

:)

2. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.

What's the most straightforward way of accomplishing this? The obvious approach that comes to mind involves two steps:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro on new computer and activate with my existing retail license.
    2. Upgrade new computer to 11 Pro for free through the settings.
    Is there a simpler way of doing this without having to reinstall Windows 10? For example, would it be possible to somehow "trade in" my Windows 10 Pro license for 11 Pro? I'm fairly new to Windows licensing and am just trying to understand what is possible/best practice, with minimal effort.

Zachary100, Aug 19, 2024
  3. JonGrimes Win User
    Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Aug 19, 2024
  4. Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro Upgrade with Digital License

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 pro license linked digitally with my Microsoft account. My system supports windows 11 and I want to upgrade. I don't see any option to upgrade through the windows update. Do I need to download an ISO from Microsoft? should I choose clean install or upgrade option during installation? Will the windows 11 pro activate if I connect my Microsoft account that has the windows 10 pro license? Please guide.

Regards

Muhammad Danial Bin Anjum, Aug 19, 2024
Thema:

Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license

1. Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license - Similar Threads - Free upgrade pro

2. Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license: My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro license and it is showing that it is eligible for a Windows 11 update.My question is whether if I upgrade from the activated Windows 10 to Windows 11, will it be a free upgrade with the Pro license, and will there be any...
  3. Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade from Windows 10 pro to 11 Pro using 10 Pro license: My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro license and it is showing that it is eligible for a Windows 11 update.My question is whether if I upgrade from the activated Windows 10 to Windows 11, will it be a free upgrade with the Pro license, and will there be any...
  4. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license: My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.What's the...
  5. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license: My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.What's the...
  6. Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 10 pro to 11 pro: Dear Community, i have Surface book 2 with 256 GB SSD & 8 GB ram core i7 . I bought this machine 2 year ago with window 10 pro. Just now i got upgrade of window 11. I noticed the performance of my pc reduced in term of speed. Anybody can help me to resolve this issue or i...
  7. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. I have Windows 10 Pro on that device. Can someone clarify my doubts?Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?: Hello Microsoft Community and Support,Right now I have Intel i7 NUC CPU. Windows 11 upgrade compatibility app tells me my device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade. I have Windows 10 Pro on that device. Can someone clarify my doubts?Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Is it free to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro?

10. Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Free - Digital License

Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Free - Digital License: Upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Free - Digital LicenseI am having a valid digital license of Windows 10 Pro in my system. It was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 ProHow to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?windows 10 pro for...