Windows 10: Forgot pin & cannot reset the pin because I updated my security information and therefore...

Discus and support Forgot pin & cannot reset the pin because I updated my security information and therefore... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason the fingerprint option is not working. It says I need to use my pin, but I cannot remember it. I have tried every possible combo I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jaiden Evans, Jul 12, 2024.

1. Forgot pin & cannot reset the pin because I updated my security information and therefore...

For some reason the fingerprint option is not working. It says I need to use my pin, but I cannot remember it. I have tried every possible combo I can think of. When I click “reset pin,” it prompts me to login to my account with my email and password. But because I just updated my security information, I can not go any further as it is pending for 30 days. What can I do? I need to use my laptop asap.

:)

Jaiden Evans, Jul 12, 2024

2. PIN stoped working for no reason

Hi Anturaju,

You can use PIN to add more security to your account. If you forgot your PIN, you can change it by doing the steps below:

• Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the link I forgot my PIN to prompt you to another window.
    • Click Continue to start resetting your forgotten PIN.
    • In Set up a PIN window, type your desired PIN in
      New PIN and Confirm PIN.
    • Click OK to finish.
    Please inform us if you have successfully established a new PIN in your account.

Johann Eva, Jul 12, 2024
  3. Unable to reset pin

Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset?

Hannah Walker_107, Jul 12, 2024
  4. Forgot pin & cannot reset the pin because I updated my security information and therefore...

how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Jul 12, 2024
Thema:

Forgot pin & cannot reset the pin because I updated my security information and therefore...

1. Forgot pin & cannot reset the pin because I updated my security information and therefore... - Similar Threads - Forgot pin cannot

2. Forgot pin & cannot reset the pin because I updated my security information and therefore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot pin & cannot reset the pin because I updated my security information and therefore...: For some reason the fingerprint option is not working. It says I need to use my pin, but I cannot remember it. I have tried every possible combo I can think of. When I click “reset pin,” it prompts me to login to my account with my email and password. But because I just...
  3. Forgot my Pin for an old account but I can't reset it because I need it the pin to sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my Pin for an old account but I can't reset it because I need it the pin to sign in...: I'm trying to sign into Windows with an older Microsoft that hasn't been signed into Windows on any computer for close to, if not over a decade. The account essentially only exists now as the account for my Xbox. I have Game Pass on my Xbox and wanted to sign in on my PC so I...
  4. Forgot my Pin for an old account but I can't reset it because I need it the pin to sign in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my Pin for an old account but I can't reset it because I need it the pin to sign in...: I'm trying to sign into Windows with an older Microsoft that hasn't been signed into Windows on any computer for close to, if not over a decade. The account essentially only exists now as the account for my Xbox. I have Game Pass on my Xbox and wanted to sign in on my PC so I...
  5. Forgot my Pin for an old account but I can't reset it because I need it the pin to sign in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. i forgot my pin and cannot change it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i forgot my pin and cannot change it: i forgot my pin and cannot change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-and-cannot-change-it/b4cdea76-4a2b-4414-a6fb-2811ea46d4ba
  7. Forgot PIN, and cannot reset it from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, and cannot reset it from my laptop: Normally, when I log into my laptop, I simply use the fingerprint scanner, which works well. However, it suddenly stated that I needed to enter my PIN in order to successfully log in instead of accepting the fingerprint. Unfortunately, I’ve forgotten my PIN, and when I tried...
  8. Forgot PIN, and cannot reset it from my laptop

Forgot PIN, and cannot reset it from my laptop: Normally, when I log into my laptop, I simply use the fingerprint scanner, which works well. However, it suddenly stated that I needed to enter my PIN in order to successfully log in instead of accepting the fingerprint. Unfortunately, I’ve forgotten my PIN, and when I tried...
  9. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...
  10. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...