Windows 10: Forgot Pin and unable to reset

Discus and support Forgot Pin and unable to reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have my computer, an HP envy TE01, I forgot my pin and am unable to reset. I only have a pin as my organization settings required I add one to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bob _787, Sep 26, 2024.

1. Bob _787 Win User

Forgot Pin and unable to reset

So I have my computer, an HP envy TE01, I forgot my pin and am unable to reset. I only have a pin as my organization settings required I add one to get office. I’m not logged out for the first time since my recent PIN number change it forces. And now I can’t remember it, I clicked forgot my pin, and it just takes me to a blue default windows login and tried to make me login with pin still. When I tried enough times it took the forgot pin button away. Im stumped.

:)

Bob _787, Sep 26, 2024

2. Unable to reset pin

Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset?

Hannah Walker_107, Sep 26, 2024
  3. Problem Changing PIN or Hitting forgot my PIN

I forgot what build # it was but it was created before the offical relase of Windows 10 (When it was in development)

Christian Edwards, Sep 26, 2024
  4. Forgot Pin and unable to reset

I forgot my pin for my window 10

If you have forgotten your PIN for Windows 10 on your laptop, don't worry, there are a few ways you can reset it.

1. Use your Microsoft account password: If you have set up a Microsoft account to sign in to your Windows 10 laptop, you can use your account password to sign in instead of the PIN. Click on "Sign-in options" on the login screen and select "Password" to enter your Microsoft account password.
    2. Reset your PIN using your Microsoft account: If you have set up a Microsoft account to sign in to your Windows 10 laptop, you can reset your PIN using your account. Click on "I forgot my PIN" on the login screen and follow the instructions to reset your PIN.
    3. Reset your PIN using the command prompt: If you are unable to reset your PIN using your Microsoft account, you can use the command prompt to reset it. Follow these steps:
    • Press the Windows key + X and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".
    • Type the command "net user [your username] *" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
    • You will be prompted to enter a new password. Enter a new password and press Enter.
    • You will be prompted to confirm your new password. Enter it again and press Enter.
    • Your PIN should now be reset.
    1. Reset your PIN using a password reset disk: If you have created a password reset disk before you forgot your PIN, you can use it to reset your PIN. Insert the password reset disk into your laptop and click on "Reset Password" on the login screen. Follow the instructions to reset your PIN.
    If none of these methods work, you may need to reset your laptop to its factory settings. However, this will delete all your data and installed apps, so it should be your last resort.

65469cec-2b17-4516-ba75-4ed12f8e3083, Sep 26, 2024
Thema:

Forgot Pin and unable to reset

1. Forgot Pin and unable to reset - Similar Threads - Forgot Pin unable

2. Forgot Pin and unable to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot Pin and unable to reset: So I have my computer, an HP envy TE01, I forgot my pin and am unable to reset. I only have a pin as my organization settings required I add one to get office. I’m not logged out for the first time since my recent PIN number change it forces. And now I can’t remember it, I...
  3. Forgot password and reset pin is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password and reset pin is not working: Hi,I forgot my pin which is so annoying I tried to all the possible pin that I created but It’s not working until it says I need to restart or wait for 2 hours and on the time that I tried to reset my pin it’s not working It’s says that it’s not working right now. I tried to...
  4. Forgot password and reset pin is not working

Forgot password and reset pin is not working: Hi,I forgot my pin which is so annoying I tried to all the possible pin that I created but It’s not working until it says I need to restart or wait for 2 hours and on the time that I tried to reset my pin it’s not working It’s says that it’s not working right now. I tried to...
  5. Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.: Hello there,I am facing issue that I can't reset my password of my laptop. I am using Windows 10. I forgot the password so I want to reset it but couldn't do that. Also there is another issue previously I could change and set PIN lock on my laptop but now I couldn't do both...
  6. Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.: Hello there,I am facing issue that I can't reset my password of my laptop. I am using Windows 10. I forgot the password so I want to reset it but couldn't do that. Also there is another issue previously I could change and set PIN lock on my laptop but now I couldn't do both...
  7. Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.

8. Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option: Hi!My Windows 11 recently got updated and post the update, the fingerprint sensor stopped accepting the enrolled fingerprint. In past, during such issues, I was able to use the Password to sign in to Windows however, the only option I am getting now is to use the PIN which I...
  9. Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option

Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option: Hi!My Windows 11 recently got updated and post the update, the fingerprint sensor stopped accepting the enrolled fingerprint. In past, during such issues, I was able to use the Password to sign in to Windows however, the only option I am getting now is to use the PIN which I...
  10. Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login: I have forgotten my pin code I was able to find the recovery key id but I am unable to type it in the specific field What is the difference between a recovery key id and a recovery key. Must I find the recovery key via the recovery key ID and if so how? I am able to type...