Windows 10: Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN

Discus and support Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I unfortunately forgot my user PIN and cannot log onto windows 11. My face recognition is not working either and I am locked out. And there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kourosh Ghaemi, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN

I unfortunately forgot my user PIN and cannot log onto windows 11. My face recognition is not working either and I am locked out. And there are no options for reseting my pin or for using my microsoft account to sign in. Can someone helo me get back into my laptop please.

:)

Kourosh Ghaemi, Jan 29, 2024
  2. Judesman Win User

Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN:

Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN 109146d1485973780t-add-pin-change-pin-sign-options-add-pin.png

Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like this:

Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN 109149d1485973780t-add-pin-change-pin-sign-options-change-pin.png

Can someone explain why there is a difference please?

Judesman, Jan 29, 2024
  3. Hweiro Win User
    Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

The 'I forgot my PIN' option allows me to change my PIN, but the PIN change option is still missing in my Sign-In options. Trying the steps in the link provided doesn't cause this option to appear. Is it a bug in my OS?

Hweiro, Jan 29, 2024
  4. Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN

Forgot PIN, no other login options

I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I returned to the login screen, I tested a number of PINs that were incorrect, and now there is no "forgot my PIN" option. There was never an option to sign in with a password listed.

cityscapeinview, Jan 29, 2024
Thema:

Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN

1. Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN - Similar Threads - Forgot user PIN

2. Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN: I unfortunately forgot my user PIN and cannot log onto windows 11. My face recognition is not working either and I am locked out. And there are no options for reseting my pin or for using my microsoft account to sign in. Can someone helo me get back into my laptop please....
  3. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  4. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  5. Forgot PIN, no other login options

Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  6. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  7. Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option: Hi!My Windows 11 recently got updated and post the update, the fingerprint sensor stopped accepting the enrolled fingerprint. In past, during such issues, I was able to use the Password to sign in to Windows however, the only option I am getting now is to use the PIN which I...
  8. Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 11, just PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 11, just PIN.: Hello. I’m having some issues signing into my Windows 11 laptop. When I enter the sign-in screen, it only gives me an option to sign in with my PIN, which I have forgotten. There is no option to sign in with a password, nor does it let me say that I forgot my PIN. How do I...
  9. Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 11, just PIN.

Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 11, just PIN.: Hello. I’m having some issues signing into my Windows 11 laptop. When I enter the sign-in screen, it only gives me an option to sign in with my PIN, which I have forgotten. There is no option to sign in with a password, nor does it let me say that I forgot my PIN. How do I...
  10. Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 10, just PIN.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 10, just PIN.: Hello, I'm having problems to log in to my computer today, for some reason, the different options for signing in to windows are disabled, just PIN option is available and I don't recall asking for this. I always use password, no PIN. How can I get my password option...