Windows 10: Forced update to windows 11

Discus and support Forced update to windows 11 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I have an older lady who's dell machine is trying to force its way onto her 8th gen intel dell machine. I have disabled updates services completely,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Breadoflife1970, Jun 27, 2024.

1. Forced update to windows 11

Hi I have an older lady who's dell machine is trying to force its way onto her 8th gen intel dell machine. I have disabled updates services completely, modified any registry entry I could find online including the distro channel, and disabled what I think was the re-enablement services and associated scheduled tasks/startup items. When I did this it finally stopped with the nonsense to upgrade and said their was an error. Now after 3 weeks, she is getting this message again to schedule upgrade to windows 11 which seems to indicate that updates are turned back on...I mean what else is there to do besides disabling TPM? Maybe blocking windows servers in the hosts file? I am at a loss. This is the home version on 22h2.

submitted by /u/Breadoflife1970
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Breadoflife1970, Jun 27, 2024
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jun 27, 2024
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Forced update to windows 11 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 27, 2024
  4. Forced update to windows 11

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jun 27, 2024
Thema:

Forced update to windows 11

1. Forced update to windows 11 - Similar Threads - Forced update

2. Why are the updates forced on Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are the updates forced on Windows?: So I bought this laptop as used. It has had Windows 10 professional ever since it was bought for office use. Now it was completely bricked with another update. First it told me to restart it and when I pressed "remind me later" it started lagging and the audio got glitched...
  3. Why are the updates forced on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are the updates forced on Windows?: So I bought this laptop as used. It has had Windows 10 professional ever since it was bought for office use. Now it was completely bricked with another update. First it told me to restart it and when I pressed "remind me later" it started lagging and the audio got glitched...
  4. Why are the updates forced on Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is Bitlocker forced enabled by default with windows 11 24h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Bitlocker forced enabled by default with windows 11 24h2 update: ok so i will cut to the chase.over the past few weeks i have seen articles and people on social stating that with the windows 11 24h2 update. that when we install it. on the out of box experience that it will forcibly enable Bitlocker by default.so my question is simply...
  6. Is Bitlocker forced enabled by default with windows 11 24h2 update

Is Bitlocker forced enabled by default with windows 11 24h2 update: ok so i will cut to the chase.over the past few weeks i have seen articles and people on social stating that with the windows 11 24h2 update. that when we install it. on the out of box experience that it will forcibly enable Bitlocker by default.so my question is simply...
  7. Windows is trying to boot from X: drive recovery environment partition after forced update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is trying to boot from X: drive recovery environment partition after forced update: I was using windows 10, when it forcefully restart to update you shouldn't be doing this microsoft after starting up my computer again, I got an attempting repair screen, now its giving me 0x0000098 missing or error system 32 files. I've tried all bootrec commands, sfc scan,...
  8. Windows is trying to boot from X: drive recovery environment partition after forced update

Windows is trying to boot from X: drive recovery environment partition after forced update: I was using windows 10, when it forcefully restart to update you shouldn't be doing this microsoft after starting up my computer again, I got an attempting repair screen, now its giving me 0x0000098 missing or error system 32 files. I've tried all bootrec commands, sfc scan,...
  9. Windows is trying to boot from X: drive recovery environment partition after forced update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Forced OS Updates

Forced OS Updates: Is there ever going to be an OS that we pay for, that we like, and can just stay with it instead of being forced to buy new OSs and new hardware every time a bunch of @sshole hackers find ways to get passed current security. I'm annoyed as hell that I can't use Windows 7...