Windows 10: Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

Discus and support Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimDirt, Jan 28, 2022.

1. JimDirt Win User

Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I stop it from completing the update and how do I prevent it from installing EVER ??? , it was only sitting there and allowing me to CHOOSE if I wanted to install it , but for some crappy reason , it is now FORCING me to install it .... I am about ready to go back to Windows 7 , I am sick of all this FORCED garbage stuff I DO NOT WANT , I do not want the changes it is going to make , I want my PC the way I WANT IT , not the Way Bill Gates o

:)

JimDirt, Jan 28, 2022

2. KB4023057 Version 21H2 appears in Windows updater for a moment

Hi

In Windows Update KB4023057 Version 21H2 appears and it wants to downloading but stops immediately at 0% and disappears.
    Under View update history the update appears as Successfully installed on 9/9/2021.

I can manually check for updates and the update appears again for 2 seconds.

I run the Windows 10 Update troubleshooter. Didn't found any issues. Wanted to uninstall the update but it isn't listed under Uninstall Updates in View Update History.

Not sure if relevant; As Optional quality update available is cumulative preview for 21H2 (KB5007253). Usually I don't install optional updates.

Any suggestions?

Traveler99, Jan 28, 2022
  3. mike888 Win User
    Nearly 4 Hours To Update From 21H1 To 21H2

Thanks for the comments. As suggested I will use Windows Update on my other machines for moving from 21H1 to 21H2.

mike888, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

1. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ??? - Similar Threads - Forced Update 21H2

2. How do I update to 21H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update to 21H2?: On Win10 home, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, I am on 20H2 and get warnings to update further for security enhancement. I'd like to update to 21H2 the current update, I think but can find no way to do so. Windows tells me there are no pending updates. I am not...
  3. How do I update to 21H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I update to 21H2?: On Win10 home, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, I am on 20H2 and get warnings to update further for security enhancement. I'd like to update to 21H2 the current update, I think but can find no way to do so. Windows tells me there are no pending updates. I am not...
  4. How do I update to 21H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I force updat 21h2 to uninstall?

How do I force updat 21h2 to uninstall?: I tried update history and it doesn't give me the option to uninstall it, i tried command prompt but it tells me it's an essential update, I just want to go back to version 2004 or at least 21h1 or 20h2...
  6. How do I force updat 21h2 to uninstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I force updat 21h2 to uninstall?: I tried update history and it doesn't give me the option to uninstall it, i tried command prompt but it tells me it's an essential update, I just want to go back to version 2004 or at least 21h1 or 20h2...
  7. How do I force updat 21h2 to uninstall?

8. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???: For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I stop it from completing the update and how do I prevent it from installing EVER ??? , it was only sitting there and allowing...
  9. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???: For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I stop it from completing the update and how do I prevent it from installing EVER ??? , it was only sitting there and allowing...
  10. How to stop forced updates

How to stop forced updates: How do I stop microsoft from forcing updates unto my pc because I had 212 gb of storage and now I have only less than 50 gb left. I want to sue them severely for forcing their stupid updates on me because it's piss in me of. If they don't stop I will find someway to sue...