Windows 10: Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

Discus and support Folder Won't Delete From Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Damon Mills, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux from there. The command prompt tells me that the folder is not empty. So, I go inside the folder and attempt to delete the Aux folder that's inside of it. The command prompt tells me that the folder can't be found even though it is listed whenever I request a directory listing. I can change the name of the 580Aux top-level

:)

Damon Mills, Dec 21, 2023

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder Won't Delete From Desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder Won't Delete From Desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 21, 2023
  3. AFTommy Win User
    Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

Folder Won't Delete From Desktop [​IMG]

AFTommy, Dec 21, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Thema:

Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

1. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop - Similar Threads - Folder Won't Delete

2. Desktop files dragged to folder not deleted from Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop files dragged to folder not deleted from Desktop: A file dragged to a shortcut folder on the desktop is not deleted from the desktop when it has been moved. This is a new issue since I did a reinstall....
  3. Desktop files dragged to folder not deleted from Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop files dragged to folder not deleted from Desktop: A file dragged to a shortcut folder on the desktop is not deleted from the desktop when it has been moved. This is a new issue since I did a reinstall....
  4. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  5. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  6. Folder Won't Delete From Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Won't Delete From Desktop: I have a folder on my desktop called 580Aux. Within that folder is another folder called Aux. Whenever I try to delete the top-level folder from the desktop, I get an error message stating that the folder can't be found. I opened the command prompt and tried to delete 580Aux...
  7. Problem Deleting folder from my desktop

Problem Deleting folder from my desktop: So I have this folder created on my desktop unfortunately it has all the Windows-based folders in it like Program Files and all that. Created by user Mayur, I am the user, also the Admin, its a Personal computer, But everytime I try deleting the folder, I get the Pop up...
  8. Deletion of folder from desktop

Deletion of folder from desktop: Hi, Today I found one of my folder from desktop is deleted automatically. Just an hour before I have selected a file and share with someone as an attachment in a mail. This is very surprising. Is there any solution?...
  9. deleted folder won't leave my desktop

deleted folder won't leave my desktop: I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I've had no luck. I had a file folder on my desktop that I didn't need anymore, so I deleted it. It was fine until I restarted my pc. Now the folder is back, and trying to delete it doesn't work because it says it is not there....
  10. Folder won't be deleted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder won't be deleted.: I want to delete a folder. When I right click, & delete, it says, "item not found, could not find this item, this item is no longer located in C:\Users\James\Documents. Verify the item's location and try again." Then, when I click try again, it comes up with the same thing....