Windows 10: Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder

Discus and support Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a folder that I want to delete from my PC but the computer says it can't find the folder and when i tried to delete such folder using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diogo Teles1, Jul 4, 2024 at 10:27 AM.

1. Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder

I have a folder that I want to delete from my PC but the computer says it can't find the folder and when i tried to delete such folder using the SHIFT+DELETE, didn't work, using CMD command I can't force the delete due to having a space, please help! I don't know what else Ican tryps: I already deleted every file on the folder the problem is the folder itself.

:)

Diogo Teles1, Jul 4, 2024 at 10:27 AM

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder :eek:hwell:

3. WojtasRed Win User
    Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

4. Casheti Win User

Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder

Can't delete folder!

I used the old Alt+255 trick on a folder so that it had no name, but now that I want to delete it, and there's nothing in it, it WILL NOT LET ME DELETE IT. Why? *Bang Head :banghead: (I'm on Vista by the way)

Thema:

Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder

1. Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder - Similar Threads - Folder name has

2. Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder name has a space and I can't delete the folder: I have a folder that I want to delete from my PC but the computer says it can't find the folder and when i tried to delete such folder using the SHIFT+DELETE, didn't work, using CMD command I can't force the delete due to having a space, please help! I don't know what else...
  3. I Can't Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't Delete a Folder: I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried to change the ownership of the folder to everyone, but that gives me an error that says, "Failed to enumerate objects....
  4. I Can't Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Delete a Folder: I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried to change the ownership of the folder to everyone, but that gives me an error that says, "Failed to enumerate objects....
  5. WindowsApps has hundreds of folders that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps has hundreds of folders that I can't delete: WindowsApps takes up 50% of my SSD, which I only realized now because guess what, it doesn't appear in Settings > Apps & features, or in the Start menu.I found tutorials and have taken ownership of WindowsApp folder. However, it doesn't allow me to get the same ownership of...
  6. Can't delete folders with long path names

Can't delete folders with long path names: I copied some folders onto a work computer into the "My Documents" directory.I didn't realize it but the directory is actually connected to OneDrive, as in it synchronizes to it. The actual folder path is something like:"C:\Users\FirstName.LastName\OneDrive - Company with a...
  7. There is a folder that I can't delete.

There is a folder that I can't delete.: I have 2 drivesC and D and most apps download to C drive. But windows has this feature where it can move the apps to D drive, which I did. But soon after that I had to reset my system which reset everything except for the D driveWhich has 2 windows apps folders. If I try to...
  8. Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name: Unable to delete a folder on an external USB HDD. Tried with take ownership. Tried Takedown, and some options on Owner of Files and Folders - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I booted from USB (WinPE/Paragon) and accessed command prompt from there. Deleting the...
  9. Folder that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder that I can't delete: I have a folder in win 10 that I can't delete! When I try to delete it is says "You do not have access to this folder" There is an explanation on what to do to gain access to it but it is meaningless to me! Can someone give me clear & concise procedure on how to delete...
  10. Can't delete a folder named "start menu"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder named "start menu": I copied the (highly configured) start menu folder from an old computer to a new computer. After using this folder to help configure the new computer I want to delete it. Win10 won't let me.*Sad Is there a solution to this problem? 31620