Windows 10: Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

Discus and support Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A program that has been installed on my Windows 11 has do something that never allow me to delete the folder or to change permissions.If I go on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PeopleInside, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

A program that has been installed on my Windows 11 has do something that never allow me to delete the folder or to change permissions.If I go on advanced security settings and press the change owner nothing happen but the change owner link is disabled.Is all disabled and I cannot edit permissionI think the program may has protected himself in the registry.I'm asking what kind of registry can forbid me to edit folders and file permission.I also tried to restart the PC in recovery mode where I was able to add my admin account but still be not able to edit permissions.Any idea about where I can l

:)

PeopleInside, Jul 7, 2023

2. Folder and File default permissions

Hi Hilton,

When you changed folder permissions, all of its contents will also be affected. If you want to change permission on certain sub-folders, it is recommended to separate it up to one level and change only specific file or folder permissions which are
    applicable to you.

To allow opening or modifying files, follow the steps below:

• Right-click a folder or file, then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click Edit…
    • Tick Allow or Deny, to manage permissions for your folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission. 7e509f86-c947-4d23-9d23-817128c849f5?upload=true.png

Let us know if this resolve your concerns.

Johann Eva, Jul 7, 2023
  3. JoRene Win User
    Windows does not allow changes in file or folder permissions

I am trying to get control of a large number of picture files in a number of folders. I have tried to set permissions, but no matter what I do, the os will

not allow me to set the new permissions or get control of the folders. I can add myself to the list of owners, but then I get the message that even as the administrator I am not allowed control. Is there anyway to get these pictures back so I can see them?
    They are jpg files which were put on the computer from my camera sd card. Is there a way to temporarily turn off whatever it is that controls permissions? This is very frustrating. Most of the folders on this drive (an internal hard drive which is partitioned
    into a Data and Storage drive) can be viewed and used. It is only this one folder (and its many subfolders) that is having the problem.

Thank you!

JoRene, Jul 7, 2023
  4. BetoLP Win User

Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission. 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 7, 2023
Thema:

Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

1. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission. - Similar Threads - Folder files doesn't

2. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: I'm Needing help with Checking accessing this File‪C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans But its not allowing me permission as The OwnerIm In Windows 11 Home i've got installed Gpedit.msc installed i still don't see the option to make a new policy if that's what i...
  3. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: I'm Needing help with Checking accessing this File‪C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans But its not allowing me permission as The OwnerIm In Windows 11 Home i've got installed Gpedit.msc installed i still don't see the option to make a new policy if that's what i...
  4. PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install: I am unable to change power management settings on my PC which I am an administrator on. I reinstalled windows 3 hours prior and I'm pretty sure it happened because of me disabling certain edge shortcuts...
  5. PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install

PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install: I am unable to change power management settings on my PC which I am an administrator on. I reinstalled windows 3 hours prior and I'm pretty sure it happened because of me disabling certain edge shortcuts...
  6. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: A program that has been installed on my Windows 11 has do something that never allow me to delete the folder or to change permissions.If I go on advanced security settings and press the change owner nothing happen but the change owner link is disabled.Is all disabled and I...
  7. Windows Fax & Scan doesn't allow me to browse for folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax & Scan doesn't allow me to browse for folders: Every since I had Windows 10 the Fax and Scan program won't allow me to browse for a folder into which to save my scans.In the pic, I've right clicked on the file in question and I chose 'move to folder.' The resulting pop-up window has only the default folder shown and...
  8. Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive: Recently I got a computer and had an nvme drive installed. There were oddaties, I had one big file which I preferred if it didn't change it's location so they had to split drives and so on and so forths anyways I'm trying to save a file in c but I'm getting a prompt saying...
  9. Windows does not allow changes in file or folder permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows does not allow changes in file or folder permissions: I am trying to get control of a large number of picture files in a number of folders. I have tried to set permissions, but no matter what I do, the os will not allow me to set the new permissions or get control of the folders. I can add myself to the list of owners, but...
  10. Permissions Issue - Not allowed to delete folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions Issue - Not allowed to delete folder: Hi, I have a folder that I don't have permission to delete. I am using Windows 10. It seems to be owned by Laptop/path (the laptop's local account) [img] A while ago, Windows10 prompted me to change my username and sign in using a windows account....