Windows 10: Fixing hard drive takes days

Discus and support Fixing hard drive takes days in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop model is Lenovo L340 Old model Back when the Windows 11 was released 2021 I updated my laptop, and it stays 11 for about 1year or so 2022 ..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James Biong, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Fixing hard drive takes days

My laptop model is Lenovo L340 Old model Back when the Windows 11 was released 2021 I updated my laptop, and it stays 11 for about 1year or so 2022 .. before I decided to go back since i’m noticing some issues like: Slowness and inconsistency that I don’t think my laptop meets the overall requirements for using the 11. So I recently just downgraded my laptop This 2023 from Windows 11 back to 10 since it wasn’t compatible. I didn’t do back ups or something like that and even check the box of clearing all the items including my personal files so that my laptop is fresh And after that, I

:)

James Biong, Nov 27, 2023

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 27, 2023
  3. little cat, Nov 27, 2023
  4. Mathragh Win User

Fixing hard drive takes days

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Nov 27, 2023
Thema:

Fixing hard drive takes days

1. Fixing hard drive takes days - Similar Threads - Fixing hard drive

2. One drive taking to much space on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive taking to much space on hard drive: I am back up 18.7 GB on onedrive back. The one drive folder on my computer is at 292 jGB. I run a two drive system, first drive is small for speed. Second drive is for storage. The onedrive folder has put itself on the small drive and is sucking all my available space on the...
  3. One drive taking to much space on hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive taking to much space on hard drive: I am back up 18.7 GB on onedrive back. The one drive folder on my computer is at 292 jGB. I run a two drive system, first drive is small for speed. Second drive is for storage. The onedrive folder has put itself on the small drive and is sucking all my available space on the...
  4. Fixing hard drive takes days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing hard drive takes days: My laptop model is Lenovo L340 Old model Back when the Windows 11 was released 2021 I updated my laptop, and it stays 11 for about 1year or so 2022 .. before I decided to go back since i’m noticing some issues like: Slowness and inconsistency that I don’t think my laptop...
  5. Fixing hard drive takes days

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fixing hard drive takes days: My laptop model is Lenovo L340 Old model Back when the Windows 11 was released 2021 I updated my laptop, and it stays 11 for about 1year or so 2022 .. before I decided to go back since i’m noticing some issues like: Slowness and inconsistency that I don’t think my laptop...
  6. Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive: Hello, I have already made a post about this, but now I have found out a little bit more about why it could be happening. When I connect my HDD, the SSD vanishes as if it weren't connected and the hard drive takes over as the boot drive, this has been happening for 4-5 days...
  7. Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive: Hello, I have already made a post about this, but now I have found out a little bit more about why it could be happening. When I connect my HDD, the SSD vanishes as if it weren't connected and the hard drive takes over as the boot drive, this has been happening for 4-5 days...
  8. Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. take ownership of hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    take ownership of hard drive: Hi guys, I've been denied access on an external hard disk so I tried to take ownership but it won't let me do it. It says it is unable to set new owner as there is not enough space on the disk. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you...
  10. Hard drive indexing (?) takes ages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive indexing (?) takes ages: Hi all, when I open a drive windows takes ages to (I think it's called) index the drive. The bar at the top goes along so slowly as if it's searching/adding in files on the drive and sits flashing away like it's working but takes forever. It doesn't matter if I only just...