Windows 10: Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?

Discus and support Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I enable automatic login to Windows 10, on booting I get a bad username or password error. I then get two versions of my login differing only in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter_Robertson, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?

When I enable automatic login to Windows 10, on booting I get a bad username or password error. I then get two versions of my login differing only in the icon.I can then log in using the correct entry + password.I have tried the suggested fix: re-enable requiring password, rebooting, then turning it off again. No change.I am using my correct usernameI am putting in the correct password.I have not changed the computer name.Still it fails to log me in.This was working. I turned passwords back on when going away for a while, now when I turn it back on I get this problem.I have tried every solutio

:)

Peter_Robertson, Nov 17, 2022
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 17, 2022
  3. AMD stepping is it fixed?

the stepping is fixed its built in to the cpu is like a revision on a chip....i think you mean multiplyer?

Athlon2K15, Nov 17, 2022
  4. Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?

remove duplicate login and administrator

I actually have 2 questions. I don't and probably have never asked a question in the "community" so please excuse me if I don't know the etiquette here....

I've been trying off and on for years to remove not only the login feature however the duplicate login feature.

I keep reading the solution from years ago to do ctrl +R then type netplwiz then deselect the box ...blah blah blah...that has NEVER worked for me.

I have an Acer (2015) E5-575.

I've wiped the laptop clean a couple of times - as suggested in one of the community responses and seemingly for no reason because the duplicate login is still there.

It'd be nice if Microsoft just admitted there's no fix at this point.

Otherwise, can someone provide steps to resolution other than what's already out there?

Second question (can I ask 2 questions in the same post?)
    It appears that I have a login and there's a separate administrator profile. How do I disable that so that I am the only user? I wish I could send screen shots here....I know this question sounds confusing I just don't know how to word it accurately.

sdavenport313, Nov 17, 2022
Thema:

Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?

1. Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it? - Similar Threads - Fixes duplicate logins

2. how do i fix my login options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my login options: when i am truing to change my password or pin all options say "something went wrong. try again later." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-login-options/37e455f9-a897-4588-bfd8-75656e3ec4b0
  3. how do i fix my login options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix my login options: when i am truing to change my password or pin all options say "something went wrong. try again later." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-login-options/37e455f9-a897-4588-bfd8-75656e3ec4b0
  4. how do i fix my login options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Monitor is not working, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor is not working, how do I fix this?: I just factory reset my computer. I use two monitor screens, both dell, and before the rest, they worked completely fine. Never had an issue with them. Suddenly, after the reset, one of them does not work. My main one works fine, it uses an mDP cable. The one that is not...
  6. How do i fix the School/Work microsoft login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the School/Work microsoft login: HiyaWhenever i try to open anything on the edge browser its not letting me until i login into my microsoft account, however its not letting me use my personal which before i never had an issue with itd only giving me school or work option, i dont have a school or work...
  7. How do i fix the School/Work microsoft login

How do i fix the School/Work microsoft login: HiyaWhenever i try to open anything on the edge browser its not letting me until i login into my microsoft account, however its not letting me use my personal which before i never had an issue with itd only giving me school or work option, i dont have a school or work...
  8. How do i fix the School/Work microsoft login

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?: When I enable automatic login to Windows 10, on booting I get a bad username or password error. I then get two versions of my login differing only in the icon.I can then log in using the correct entry + password.I have tried the suggested fix: re-enable requiring password,...
  10. Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?

Fixes for duplicate logins do not work. How do I fix it?: When I enable automatic login to Windows 10, on booting I get a bad username or password error. I then get two versions of my login differing only in the icon.I can then log in using the correct entry + password.I have tried the suggested fix: re-enable requiring password,...