Windows 10: Fix Red Cross X on WiFi or Network Icon in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Fix Red Cross X on WiFi or Network Icon in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]At times, you see a red cross X on the Wi-Fi or Network icon on the taskbar of your Windows machine. It indicates that there is some issue with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Red Cross X on WiFi or Network Icon in Windows 11/10

Fix Red Cross X on WiFi or Network Icon in Windows 11/10 Red-Cross-X-on-WiFi-or-Network-Icon.png
    At times, you see a red cross X on the Wi-Fi or Network icon on the taskbar of your Windows machine. It indicates that there is some issue with the network device. It is possible to resolve the issue of Red Cross X on Wi-Fi or network icon. Read further to know how to do […]

This article Fix Red Cross X on WiFi or Network Icon in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 28, 2021
  2. E for Excel, Aug 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 1803 - Ethernet icon Red X

Hi Sebastian,

You’ve done a ton already, but I found another possible fix to look at.

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-red...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Click on start, and type “services.msc” - make sure all of the following services are set to auto and have been started. Reboot, and see if the red x is gone.

Network Connections

Network List Service

Network Location Awareness

Network Store Interface Service

WLAN AutoConfig (if there)

If no dice, we’ll keep trying other things to fix.

PS - What’s the make and model of this computer? HP by any chance?

Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Aug 28, 2021
  4. Ellielt Win User

Red cross on wifi and sound icons.

Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, I noticed instead of the usually wifi icon, it was now an ethernet icon even though I haven't changed anything with my laptop in regard to this and have no idea why it is now an ethernet icon. The icon has a red cross
    on it, and also my sound icon has the cross to. I have restarted my computer and tried disabling the ethernet, but it just won't go. I can fix the sound but it always comes back to the red cross. The internet also keeps disconnecting and I have to restart
    my laptop to get it working again. I have no idea why this has happened and don't really want to restore or reset if I don't have to! Can anyone help? I am using Windows 10 by the way, but updated a fair few weeks before this occurred.

Ellielt, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Red Cross X on WiFi or Network Icon in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Fix Red Cross

2. Red x on Battery icon in Windows 11/10 [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Red x on Battery icon in Windows 11/10 [Fix]: [IMG]The battery icon on the Taskbar shows the percentage of battery charge when you hover your mouse cursor over it. However, some users reported seeing a red x on the battery icon on their WIndows 11/10 laptop. If you experience such an issue, you can use the fixes provided...
  3. no sound red cross by speaker icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound red cross by speaker icon: I have no sound, getting no output devices connected. I have tried all trouble shootin tips nothing works. I have same problem on windows 7 pc. They both failed at the same time...
  4. Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users have experienced a red X cross on the volume icon […] This article Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to fix Red cross on Network Icon on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix Red cross on Network Icon on windows 10?: Since few hours I can't turn on the the wifi network, I have tried restarting it but still no help and also I have tried everything in this article but still no help%20key%20on%20your%20computer.)) For your information I keep getting blinking white line (also checked for any...
  6. Windows WiFi Red X

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows WiFi Red X: Hi I recently bought a new gaming PC with windows installed and when I booted up the computer it would now let me use my wireless wifi this is really irretatin pleases help me Whenever I try to connect to wifi it says no connections available or something...
  7. Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Red cross on Internet Icon on Taskbar: After carrying out an upgrade including a new Motherboard, processor and Ram memory I had to re-install Windows Win 10 Pro ( Free upgrade - digital licence type ) unfortunately after I installed it a message appeared a few days later that it needs activating. Following the...
  8. Issues With Audio Service Not Running Red X, Issues With Network/Wifi Red X

Issues With Audio Service Not Running Red X, Issues With Network/Wifi Red X: I'm having issues with my computer and it all started when my audio service for some reason randomly one day when I signed on displayed a Red X and still is on my pc to this day for about maybe close to a few days to a week now. I've watched almost every kind of tutorial and...
  9. Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10

Red cross on wifi icon in Windows 10: Hi, I have encountered a problem where the wifi connection is unstable. Sometimes, the wifi can be connected to the local area network and sometimes it is not. When it is unable to connect to wifi, a red cross appear. I have updated the wireless network adapter and the...
  10. Red x on network icon

Red x on network icon: This is Vista question, but I usually get better results here. The network icon on my wife's desktop has a red X on it. I right clicked and it ran some kind of diagnostics and supposedly sent a message to MS, who I'll never hear from, I'm sure. My desktop is fine...no red x...