Windows 10: Fix Phone Link?

Discus and support Fix Phone Link? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Phone link splash screen comes up and then immediately shuts down.I have terminated, repaired, reset, removed it through PowerShell, reinstalled it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OrenRae, Oct 19, 2024 at 5:57 PM.

1. OrenRae Win User

Fix Phone Link?

Phone link splash screen comes up and then immediately shuts down.I have terminated, repaired, reset, removed it through PowerShell, reinstalled it, everything I've found so far and it still doesn't work on any of my computers.

:)

2. Can't "Link to Wndows"

Thanks so much. I will certainly follow your tutorial in the future. I think resetting did the trick, and I was also able to set a pin code. Question. I am confused about one ongoing step: "Go to www.aka.ms/addComputer" in your browser." A search for this, and other similar url's suggested in the Phone LInk setup always ends up the same way, with a trip to nowhere.
    Fix Phone Link? 386566d1677443402t-cant-link-wndows-aka.png
    Clicking in those types of links end up in a blank tab

3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

4. Fix Phone Link?

Phone Link not showing Contact Names....again

I was able to fix this on my computer by following these steps:

1. In the Phone Link app on PC, go to Settings, click the My Devices tab, and use the ellipsis (...) menu on your device to remove it, then close the app.
    2. On your phone (mine is an Android), go to Settings, Apps, Link to Windows, Open, then remove your PC from the Linked Computers section.
    3. Restart your phone.
    4. Re-link the phone and PC by restarting the Phone Link app on your PC and following the step to add your device.
    5. Perhaps this is the critical thing, but I noticed in the Link to Windows app on Android, there is a toggle to "Sync contacts" under the list of Linked Computers, which was disabled for me. Turn this on.
    Contacts are showing up again for me now - yay!

FredFredrickson, Oct 19, 2024 at 6:01 PM
Thema:

Fix Phone Link?

1. Fix Phone Link? - Similar Threads - Fix Phone Link

2. Fix Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix Phone Link?: Phone link splash screen comes up and then immediately shuts down.I have terminated, repaired, reset, removed it through PowerShell, reinstalled it, everything I've found so far and it still doesn't work on any of my computers....
  3. HOW TO FIX PHONE LINK??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO FIX PHONE LINK??: How do I fix this Phone link problem?I kept connecting them, and my pc will say its unable to connect butmy phone says pc is fninally set up even though its not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-phone-link/b25be271-8f37-41da-9306-eb06766f8daa
  4. HOW TO FIX PHONE LINK??

HOW TO FIX PHONE LINK??: How do I fix this Phone link problem?I kept connecting them, and my pc will say its unable to connect butmy phone says pc is fninally set up even though its not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-phone-link/b25be271-8f37-41da-9306-eb06766f8daa
  5. Fixed Issue with Phone Link Not Pairing for Calls.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed Issue with Phone Link Not Pairing for Calls.: I found out that one reason my Z Flip5 would not Pair to make calls in Phone Link was due to an Outdated Bluetooth Dongle. I bought a new one from Temu with BT Ver 5.4 EDR+BLE and installed it on my PC.Low and behold, all my problems quickly disappeared and now everything...
  6. Fixed Issue with Phone Link Not Pairing for Calls.

Fixed Issue with Phone Link Not Pairing for Calls.: I found out that one reason my Z Flip5 would not Pair to make calls in Phone Link was due to an Outdated Bluetooth Dongle. I bought a new one from Temu with BT Ver 5.4 EDR+BLE and installed it on my PC.Low and behold, all my problems quickly disappeared and now everything...
  7. Fix Phone Link unable to connect

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Phone Link unable to connect: [IMG]When trying to connect the smartphone to the computer using the Phone Link app, you may get an error that says Phone Link is unable to connect. This error appears when the user scans the QR code using the app on his phone. In this post, we will see how this issue can be...
  8. Phone link **** notifications. Fix this!!! NOW!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link **** notifications. Fix this!!! NOW!!!: I have completely turning off phone link on my samsung s21 ultra. Every 2-3 min my phone notification goes off, I check my phone and there is no notification to see. Yet constant noise. I can not uninstall it off my laptop, I can not uninstall it off of my phone. This is BS....
  9. Phone link **** notifications. Fix this!!! NOW!!!

Phone link **** notifications. Fix this!!! NOW!!!: I have completely turning off phone link on my samsung s21 ultra. Every 2-3 min my phone notification goes off, I check my phone and there is no notification to see. Yet constant noise. I can not uninstall it off my laptop, I can not uninstall it off of my phone. This is BS....
  10. Phone Link

Phone Link: Hi,last Saturday, I used my phone regularly, put it in the back pocket and 1 hour later it started with a factory reset. I had no option but to do it. I had a lot of important pictures on there, I had it on the phone link app prior, so I can see the pictures on the computer,...