Windows 10: Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open.

Discus and support Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro. Now whenever I try to open my this PC icon from the desktop it won't open but it open by clicking that folder from the taskbar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brajesh Krishna, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open.

I have windows 10 pro. Now whenever I try to open my this PC icon from the desktop it won't open but it open by clicking that folder from the taskbar. Now whene the folder is opened the same happend with all the folders inside my This PC. As I click them many times but it won't open, folders only blinks. Same happens with my local disks. They also won't open. Same happens with browser, whenever I search for any thing and press enter the tab restarts and it happens again and again. This problem is occurring with me from 1 day. I tried many videos on YouTube for this problem but there were no vi

:)

Brajesh Krishna, Apr 22, 2023

2. Search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser

Hi Elias,

To resolve your concern regarding opening local files on OneDrive, follow the steps below:

• Go to
      OneDrive.com.
    • Right click on the file that you want to view.
    • Click on Download.
    • The file will be downloaded, and would normally show up on the bottom part of your browser.
    • Click the file, and it would open up using its normal default application.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Apr 22, 2023
  3. I am not able to open favorites folder or sub folders under it in EDGE browser

Hi Rodney,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path: (Press
      Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.

• Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested under
    the step 1.

I hope the above information helps you to locate the EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 22, 2023
  4. Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open.

Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Apr 22, 2023
Thema:

Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open.

1. Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open. - Similar Threads - Files folder local

2. Why Windows search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser?: The issue the user is facing is that when opening pdf files from windows search they always open in the browser and not in Adobe Acrobat.If the pdfs are opened from windows explorer they open in the application.If the pdfs are copied to a local folder that is not...
  3. Why Windows search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser?: The issue the user is facing is that when opening pdf files from windows search they always open in the browser and not in Adobe Acrobat.If the pdfs are opened from windows explorer they open in the application.If the pdfs are copied to a local folder that is not...
  4. Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open.: I have windows 10 pro. Now whenever I try to open my this PC icon from the desktop it won't open but it open by clicking that folder from the taskbar. Now whene the folder is opened the same happend with all the folders inside my This PC. As I click them many times but it...
  5. Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files, folder, local disk, browser problem. They won't open.: I have windows 10 pro. Now whenever I try to open my this PC icon from the desktop it won't open but it open by clicking that folder from the taskbar. Now whene the folder is opened the same happend with all the folders inside my This PC. As I click them many times but it...
  6. How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?

How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?: Is it possible to open shortcut in local folder via Edge Browser?Reason is shortcut open wrong location of OneNote 365 otherwise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-shortcut-in-local-folder-with-edge/6b5c0e25-0a4b-482b-bb26-8b04f346032d
  7. How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?: Is it possible to open shortcut in local folder via Edge Browser?Reason is shortcut open wrong location of OneNote 365 otherwise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-shortcut-in-local-folder-with-edge/6b5c0e25-0a4b-482b-bb26-8b04f346032d
  8. How to open a shortcut in local folder with Edge Browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Problem with Program Files folder localization

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Program Files folder localization: Hi, today I noticed that my Program Files is not in my native language anymore. The x86 one is fine. The desktop.ini of the folder looks fine: Code: [.ShellClassInfo] [email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21781 I tried changing Windows to french and english and...
  10. Defragment and Optimize Disk won't open in Local Services

Defragment and Optimize Disk won't open in Local Services: Defragment and Optimize Disks service is missing from list of Windows 10 services. It shows up on list of Administrative Tools in the Control Panel, but won't open even when using "Run as Administrator". I have run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in the command...