Windows 10: Files Explorer Suggestions

Discus and support Files Explorer Suggestions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Compupix, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Compupix Win User

Files Explorer Suggestions

Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most general part of the title."C:\Users\{user name}\D"isn't as useful as"stickies\backups" would be.Right now, I have several tabs open to different folders, and they all show the same title. I know resting the mouse on the title will show the whole thing, but that is an unnecessary step.

:)

Compupix, Nov 17, 2023
  2. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

3. LesFerch Win User
    How to add Width & Height in the File Explorer column 'suggestions'?  

Yes, use WinSetView to add those two properties to the right-click properties pop-up menu:
    Files Explorer Suggestions 368868d1655210396t-how-add-width-height-file-explorer-column-suggestions-bildbreite.png

LesFerch, Nov 17, 2023
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Nov 17, 2023
Thema:

1. Files Explorer Suggestions - Similar Threads - Files Explorer Suggestions

2. Mail and File Explorer didn't appear in my Suggested before!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and File Explorer didn't appear in my Suggested before!?: Mail and File Explorer didn't appear in my suggested, i need to help to remove them because i didn't do anything to make them appear. In another profile it didn't appear but in my profile yes, please i need help i don't want them in my suggested. I want it back to normal....
  3. Files Explorer Suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  4. Suggestion for File Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestion for File Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  5. Suggestion for File Explorer feature

Suggestion for File Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  6. Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  7. Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature

Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  8. How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset suggestions for Tags in Windows 10 File Explorer?: I'm adding Tags to my JPEG Metadata in Windows 10 to help search and sort pictures, but Tags are sometimes misspelled or entered without a separator semicolon in my case and Windows will never forget my typos. I have no problem editing, correcting, or even remove Tags from...
  9. Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working: Now, this worked for me today CLOSE File Manager Click on Task Manager it can be found on Windows 10 on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen but I am old school so I use keys all at the same time SHIFT ALT DELETE Sort in alphabetical order if it isn't Right click...
  10. Anybody have a suggestion to fix File Date formatting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody have a suggestion to fix File Date formatting in file explorer: Running Windows 10 fully updated. My File Explorer windows show several columns in the Details View: the Filename, Date Modified, Date Created, etc. The Date is formatted like this: Day Month Date Time with the Day and Month truncated to 3 letters and the Date and Time as dd...