Windows 10: File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

Discus and support File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; By "nothing" I mean administrator privileges, startup repair or File Explorer. Even the bloody volume window causes the taskbar to reload, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, Sep 23, 2023.

1. File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

By "nothing" I mean administrator privileges, startup repair or File Explorer. Even the bloody volume window causes the taskbar to reload, and the Start and Search menus are slow as molasses.I tried a proposed "Sounds" fix, nothing. All other proposed fixes use Admin CMD or PowerShell, or accessing something via File Explorer. And these things are stubbornly refusing to work. I can't even open folders in file explorer, and even attempting things through CMD fails. I am at my wit's end. I've never seen my PC behave like this before. I can't even back up important files, I can't even get into Th

:)

Tabuu Forte Akugun, Sep 23, 2023

2. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

Hi,

I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission the pop ups disappear and I' am unable to let the app make changes to my device. I am unsure on how to fix this any advice would be appreciated.

jack rowley2, Sep 23, 2023
  3. I'm Getting the file system error -1073741818 anytime that the UAC asks for permission.

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

The error code -1073741818 is a Windows system error code that indicates a failure to execute an application or process. It is likely that this error is caused by a problem with the User Account Control (UAC) setting on your device.

To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

Restart your computer and try again.

Try running the application as an administrator by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator".

Try disabling UAC temporarily and see if it resolves the issue. To do this, type "User Account Control Settings" in the Windows search bar, click on the result, and move the slider to the bottom.

If the above steps don't work, you can try repairing or reinstalling the affected application.

Regards.

Nicole Aljecera, Sep 23, 2023
  4. jocrow1 Win User

File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

window won't update......error given (-1073741818

defender gives file system error (-1073741818 help downloaded malware virus & tapped run and this error as shown ...it appears everything gone from my computer help don't kno what to do next

jocrow1, Sep 23, 2023
Thema:

File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

1. File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works. - Similar Threads - File system error

2. Nothing seems to work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nothing seems to work.: Earlier this evening I was working on my laptop and put my laptop in sleep mode. After a while I came back from a meeting and suddenly have to log in because the PIN is not available. As soon as I did that I saw that many facets of the operating system were not working. No...
  3. Nothing seems to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing seems to work.: Earlier this evening I was working on my laptop and put my laptop in sleep mode. After a while I came back from a meeting and suddenly have to log in because the PIN is not available. As soon as I did that I saw that many facets of the operating system were not working. No...
  4. Nothing seems to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.: Randomly my Num Lock, Caps Lock, arrow keys, all the Function keys, and basically everything on the right side of my keyboard has stopped being detected on my computer. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new keyboard but it's still not working. I have tried...
  6. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.: Randomly my Num Lock, Caps Lock, arrow keys, all the Function keys, and basically everything on the right side of my keyboard has stopped being detected on my computer. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new keyboard but it's still not working. I have tried...
  7. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

8. File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.: By "nothing" I mean administrator privileges, startup repair or File Explorer. Even the bloody volume window causes the taskbar to reload, and the Start and Search menus are slow as molasses.I tried a proposed "Sounds" fix, nothing. All other proposed fixes use Admin CMD or...
  9. File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.

File system error -1073741818. Stubborn and seemingly unfixable. Nothing works.: By "nothing" I mean administrator privileges, startup repair or File Explorer. Even the bloody volume window causes the taskbar to reload, and the Start and Search menus are slow as molasses.I tried a proposed "Sounds" fix, nothing. All other proposed fixes use Admin CMD or...
  10. file system error -1073741818

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file system error -1073741818: Every single time I click on .exe, regedit, Run as administrator, task manager, etc that is an exe except for some it gives me a file system error that says this Pic:https://gyazo.com/16e0de8c7b0e7046f1a99c25a1b855e6 Basically when I try downloading something too it just...