Windows 10: File names in explorer details view disappear one by one then reappear

Discus and support File names in explorer details view disappear one by one then reappear in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have this exact same issue that some other guy posted about a few years back, he made a video which shows exactly what is happening now on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexH1976, Jul 4, 2024 at 6:37 AM.

1. AlexH1976 Win User

File names in explorer details view disappear one by one then reappear

I have this exact same issue that some other guy posted about a few years back, he made a video which shows exactly what is happening now on my computer:https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/a4dd4970-a651-4420-8b11-1230aed65c1a?upload=trueI've googled all over and the answers provided are always way off, suggested its a corrupt disk or something.It's not that at all. Whats happening is windows is stalling while it tries to read metadata from each file, or generate thumbnails or some such nonsense. I've had this before for specific file types, and always managed to find a

:)

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 4, 2024 at 7:03 AM
  3. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

File names in explorer details view disappear one by one then reappear [​IMG]

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 4, 2024 at 7:03 AM
  4. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thema:

1. File names in explorer details view disappear one by one then reappear - Similar Threads - File names explorer

2. File names in explorer details view disappear one by one then reappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File names in explorer details view disappear one by one then reappear: I have this exact same issue that some other guy posted about a few years back, he made a video which shows exactly what is happening now on my computer:https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/a4dd4970-a651-4420-8b11-1230aed65c1a?upload=trueI've googled...
  3. File names in explorer details view disappear one by one then reappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File names in explorer details view disappear one by one then reappear: I have this exact same issue that some other guy posted about a few years back, he made a video which shows exactly what is happening now on my computer:https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/a4dd4970-a651-4420-8b11-1230aed65c1a?upload=trueI've googled...
  4. My wifi networks keep disappearing one by one and then reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi networks keep disappearing one by one and then reappear: My wifi networks keep disappearing one by one and then reappearThe only one that doesnt disappear is the one that i am connected to and sometimes even that disappear It works entering sites and searching on google even when they start disappearing but its working kinda bad...
  5. My wifi networks keep disappearing one by one and then reappear

My wifi networks keep disappearing one by one and then reappear: My wifi networks keep disappearing one by one and then reappearThe only one that doesnt disappear is the one that i am connected to and sometimes even that disappear It works entering sites and searching on google even when they start disappearing but its working kinda bad...
  6. My wifi networks keep disappearing one by one and then reappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear

Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear: this problem did not occur on windows 10 but after i upgraded this problem consistantly occurs where each name blanks out and i cant edit any file or interact with it untill every name blanks out and reappears...
  8. Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear: this problem did not occur on windows 10 but after i upgraded this problem consistantly occurs where each name blanks out and i cant edit any file or interact with it untill every name blanks out and reappears...
  9. Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear: I've been dealing with a persistent issue the last several weeks and it seems like restarting my PC completely resolves it for a day or two. So occasionally when I open up a folder in explorer I have to wait to do anything because all the files in said folder will have their...
  10. Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear

Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear: I've been dealing with a persistent issue the last several weeks and it seems like restarting my PC completely resolves it for a day or two. So occasionally when I open up a folder in explorer I have to wait to do anything because all the files in said folder will have their...