Windows 10: File Explorer Search results not working

Discus and support File Explorer Search results not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I search in file explorer, the results show "No items match your search." I am 100% sure that my search parameter is valid. I have tried to fix in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by michael munson, Oct 5, 2024 at 11:37 AM.

1. File Explorer Search results not working

When I search in file explorer, the results show "No items match your search." I am 100% sure that my search parameter is valid. I have tried to fix in multiple ways:* Restarting File Explorer* Restarting my system* Going to options in File explorer to check that settings are correct e.g. location, privacy, etc.* In file explorer options - clicked Restore defaults* Checked indexing options to make sure that Users, Start, and Outlook were all checked* Made sure the Windows search is enabled* Reset Windows Search powershell script - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-cli

:)

michael munson, Oct 5, 2024 at 11:37 AM
Thema:

File Explorer Search results not working

1. File Explorer Search results not working - Similar Threads - File Explorer Search

2. File Explorer Search results not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search results not working: When I search in file explorer, the results show "No items match your search." I am 100% sure that my search parameter is valid. I have tried to fix in multiple ways:* Restarting File Explorer* Restarting my system* Going to options in File explorer to check that settings are...
  3. search & file explorer search not working

in Cortana
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  4. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  5. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  6. W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results": Many times the Win10 File Explorer works fine, but some times it returns "No results" even if there are obvious matches in the list. Repeating the search does not help. Changing to other directories and doing different searches sometimes works, and sometimes returning to...
  7. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search results in a dropdown window: Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box) Its...
  8. File explorer sort search results by relevance

File explorer sort search results by relevance: How could I sort the search results in file explorer by relevance to the syntax phrase that I wrote in the search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-sort-search-results-by-relevance/f70d3cbe-21b8-47fe-97d7-05071ad222ae
  9. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...