Windows 10: File Explorer - Pinning / Quick Access

Discus and support File Explorer - Pinning / Quick Access in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Did the below two functions not use to be two separate things? Now changes in the one reflects on the other, meaning the are 100 % alike.Pinning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Susanne_DK, Jun 11, 2024.

1. File Explorer - Pinning / Quick Access

Did the below two functions not use to be two separate things? Now changes in the one reflects on the other, meaning the are 100 % alike.Pinning folders to the Windows File Explorer icon on the taskbarPinning to Quick Panel in the left panel on opening Windows File ExplorerThe Office programs still works like this distinguish between pinned to "the bar" or to "quick access", and I get puzzled that Windows File Explorer does not work like this anylonger?.Can any one confirm and maybe even supply solution for me?BRSusanne

:)

Susanne_DK, Jun 11, 2024
  2. ArmaRayo Win User

File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Jun 11, 2024
  3. jsacks Win User
    Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list.

Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option "pin to quick access" does nothing and there is no option in right click list to "pin to quick access" or even "pin to start" for a .lnk file.

jsacks, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Mark Ole Win User

File Explorer - Pinning / Quick Access

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

File Explorer - Pinning / Quick Access

1. File Explorer - Pinning / Quick Access - Similar Threads - File Explorer Pinning

2. File Explorer - Pinning / Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Pinning / Quick Access: Did the below two functions not use to be two separate things? Now changes in the one reflects on the other, meaning the are 100 % alike.Pinning folders to the Windows File Explorer icon on the taskbarPinning to Quick Panel in the left panel on opening Windows File...
  3. Quick access - File wont Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access - File wont Pin: Hi All,So my dog is always jumping on my desk and walking all over my keyboard messing up my laptop : I have a file that will not pin to quick access. for some reason its the only file I cant get to work. not even dragging it over works. She also somehow deleted my documents...
  4. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  5. File Explorer Quick Access

File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  6. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  7. Explorer Quick access automatic pins, revisted

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Quick access automatic pins, revisted: I searched for answers on this subject a while back with no answers. Today I found this thread, which at least confirms I'm not the only one with this experience. Explorer Quick access automatic pins Solved - Windows 10 Forums The Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Desktop...
  8. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  9. File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items: File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible. I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but...
  10. Explorer Quick access automatic pins

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Quick access automatic pins: Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there manually and leave it that way if possible. 115577