Windows 10: File explorer not opening when downloading something.

Discus and support File explorer not opening when downloading something. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello team, I use the most current version of Outlook on Windows 11. Before, when I downloaded a file someone sent me, my file explorer would pop open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MelenaDP, Jul 25, 2024.

1. MelenaDP Win User

File explorer not opening when downloading something.

Hello team, I use the most current version of Outlook on Windows 11. Before, when I downloaded a file someone sent me, my file explorer would pop open showing the file path. Recently, it has not been popping up, and it is making it very difficult to find in my file explorer half the time it saves somewhere else depending on the file name. Is there any way to allow it to pop back up again?

:)

MelenaDP, Jul 25, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2024
  3. File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jul 26, 2024
  4. Sher Amo Win User

File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, Jul 26, 2024
Thema:

1. File explorer not opening when downloading something. - Similar Threads - File explorer opening

2. File explorer not opening when downloading something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not opening when downloading something.: Hello team, I use the most current version of Outlook on Windows 11. Before, when I downloaded a file someone sent me, my file explorer would pop open showing the file path. Recently, it has not been popping up, and it is making it very difficult to find in my file explorer...
  3. File Explorer crashing when opening the Downloads folder in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashing when opening the Downloads folder in Windows 10.: On May 27th I attempted to open my download folder, and when I did so, it caused File Explorer to crash back to desktop. The download folder is part of the OneDrive system and is located in my User/jeanp/onedrive/downloads. I was able to open my other folders without issue...
  4. File Explorer crashing when opening the Downloads folder in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crashing when opening the Downloads folder in Windows 10.: On May 27th I attempted to open my download folder, and when I did so, it caused File Explorer to crash back to desktop. The download folder is part of the OneDrive system and is located in my User/jeanp/onedrive/downloads. I was able to open my other folders without issue...
  5. File Explorer crashing when opening the Downloads folder in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  7. File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder: Hello,When I open file explorer, and I go to the downloads folder, the system app crashes. When it does, I have to stop it using task manager. It also causes other problems with the system, like my laptop screen going white, I have a monitor, and my taskbar not coming up, I...
  8. When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer.: When I download something, it automatically opens it in Internet Explorer. This is really annoying because when that happens I can't download the actual app from the internet. I'm using Google Chrome Don't ask me to switch to Edge It's a .jar file...
  9. file explorer crash when opening download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer crash when opening download folder: Hi. I have some problem when I Open my download folder from D: drive already check the error and it's said Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...
  10. When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.: When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer or ZIP. even if i press open with: i never have the option to choose the file explorer application. can some one help me???? 94999