Windows 10: File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

Discus and support File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, this might be a longer read, but it's also a long shot for me. I'm currently running a 660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro computer that I got from my brother.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amedeo Indelicato, Jun 18, 2023.

1. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

Hey, this might be a longer read, but it's also a long shot for me. I'm currently running a 660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro computer that I got from my brother. Since I've had it, I've been having this strange issue, and other than friends saying that I should wipe my whole computer, I was hoping to find a more positive answer from Microsoft directly.ISSUE: When I first boot up the PC, there's a clear sign that something is wrong. The color will slowly deteriorate to a yellowish-hue, almost like I have my screen on some power-saving mode, but I've checked and it's not. It stays the same pretty constant

:)

Amedeo Indelicato, Jun 18, 2023

2. Preview in File Explorer with Edge

Hello, Babak38.

To do this follow the steps below.

• Press WINDOWS + i on your keyboard
    • Click on "APPS" then click on Default apps
    • Click on Microsoft Edge browser
    • Then in the "PDF" option you choose which default browser you want to open files in PDF format.

Patrick Henrique., Jun 18, 2023
  3. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 18, 2023
  4. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge unable to load any webpage

Hi Nemanja,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand your issue with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd certainly help you to resolve the issue.

This happens, when the Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browser files are corrupted or due to incorrect settings.

Share this information to assist you better.
    • Do you receive any error code/message?

• Is there are any update pending or failed to install?

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help - Microsoft Support

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings - Microsoft Support

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.
    Please refer to the suggestions of Abdul_Malik, replied on October 21, 2015, to fix your issue with Microsoft Edge browser.

Microsoft edge is not working properly:

Redirecting

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 18, 2023
Thema:

File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

1. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening! - Similar Threads - File Explorer Microsoft

2. Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer: Hello there,We have a new problem with Windows 11. In Windows 10 we would paste a SharePoint URL into file explorer and it would open there. This would bypass a lot of the SharePoint limitations with opening and moving files. Now when you paste the URL into Windows 11's file...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer: Hello there,We have a new problem with Windows 11. In Windows 10 we would paste a SharePoint URL into file explorer and it would open there. This would bypass a lot of the SharePoint limitations with opening and moving files. Now when you paste the URL into Windows 11's file...
  4. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!: Hey, this might be a longer read, but it's also a long shot for me. I'm currently running a 660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro computer that I got from my brother. Since I've had it, I've been having this strange issue, and other than friends saying that I should wipe my whole computer,...
  5. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!: Hey, this might be a longer read, but it's also a long shot for me. I'm currently running a 660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro computer that I got from my brother. Since I've had it, I've been having this strange issue, and other than friends saying that I should wipe my whole computer,...
  6. pak files opening my microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pak files opening my microsoft edge: i accidentally made pak files always open by microsoft edge, and now all of them do, how do i fix this so they just open normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pak-files-opening-my-microsoft-edge/c4f5d6c3-bd13-40cf-8b1a-40311b03c250
  7. pak files opening my microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pak files opening my microsoft edge: i accidentally made pak files always open by microsoft edge, and now all of them do, how do i fix this so they just open normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pak-files-opening-my-microsoft-edge/c4f5d6c3-bd13-40cf-8b1a-40311b03c250
  8. Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files: How do I use Microsoft Edge to open epub files when I cannot even select MS Edge from the dropdown list after I click "Open With"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-microsoft-edge-to-open-epub-files/eade9b57-747d-42ac-9ad7-43a4c4b97918"
  9. Microsoft Edge explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge explorer: Can I uninstall Microsoft Edge and use another explorer with windows 10. Microsoft Edge will not work with java. I can't find microsoft edge in control panel. 27646
  10. Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer: How to: Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer How to Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...