Windows 10: File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video.

Discus and support File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason, every time I right click SPECIFICALLY a photo or a video, my file explorer stops responding. Closing File Explorer causes Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Saeed Alketbi, Sep 23, 2024 at 9:12 AM.

1. File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video.

For some reason, every time I right click SPECIFICALLY a photo or a video, my file explorer stops responding. Closing File Explorer causes Windows Explorer to restart. Right clicking any other file folder, zip files, txt files doesn't cause the same problem. I tried using DISM and the System File Checker, and while they DID state that they fixed the "corrupted files", my File Explorer still bugged out. I also checked Task Manager and I saw that my disk was very high. I did thankfully fix it, but my memory was also high about 79%, which I wasn't able to fix. I scanned my system using Malwa

:)

Saeed Alketbi, Sep 23, 2024 at 9:12 AM
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

3. ahearne Win User
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing

Hello

Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing

Please can anyone suggest a fix.

4. File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video.

Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

My Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

Why I think it's not working

• I'm on a vacation in a different country
    • Downloaded a app titled CC Cleaner to get rid of duplicate photos
    • Downloaded a app titled Duplicate Photos Fixer to get rid of duplicate photos (10 gigabyte of photos and videos have been erased from hard drive
    Current Situation:

I have to move photos and videos from my iphone to my hard drive via my toshiba notebook but my windows explorer keeps crashing.

I have opened task manager, went to files located above the processes, typed in explorer.exe and ran task manager using administrative privilages. Turned off the computer and turned it back on. Windows explorer worked for about 10-20 minutes but the
    problem persists.

Can someone help me find a solution? Thanks for Reading!

Thema:

File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video.

1. File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video. - Similar Threads - File explorer keeps

2. File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video.: For some reason, every time I right click SPECIFICALLY a photo or a video, my file explorer stops responding. Closing File Explorer causes Windows Explorer to restart. Right clicking any other file folder, zip files, txt files doesn't cause the same problem. I tried using...
  3. File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps crashing when I right click a photo or video.: For some reason, every time I right click SPECIFICALLY a photo or a video, my file explorer stops responding. Closing File Explorer causes Windows Explorer to restart. Right clicking any other file folder, zip files, txt files doesn't cause the same problem. I tried using...
  4. file explorer crashes when i right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer crashes when i right click: When I right click on a drive in file explorer it closes all windows. Its very annoying. I would prefer to go back to windows 10 right click as a lot of the things i do now require me to do the extra step of right clicking and then going to more options....
  5. file explorer crashes when i right click

file explorer crashes when i right click: When I right click on a drive in file explorer it closes all windows. Its very annoying. I would prefer to go back to windows 10 right click as a lot of the things i do now require me to do the extra step of right clicking and then going to more options....
  6. File Explorer crashes when I right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  7. File Explorer crashes when I right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  8. File Explorer crashes when I right click

9. Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder: Last week I bought a new gaming PC. Came with Windows 10. Now I've noticed then when I right click in the system default video folder (under "this PC") explorer crashes. It only happens with the video folder for some reason. Even clicking the tabs make it crash except for...
  10. file explorer crashes when i right click

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer crashes when i right click: This is the first issue i have had with windows 10 ever since installing it in august. Ever since yesterday whenever i click on a file in the file explorer window it will gray out and stop working. Unlike the average hang this one will stay grayed out for about 5 to 10...