Windows 10: File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

Discus and support File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Please help? I constantly get this error when I navigate to details on pined folders and ocasionally get it when opening tabed folders. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Wilkin, Mar 13, 2024.

1. File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

Please help? I constantly get this error when I navigate to details on pined folders and ocasionally get it when opening tabed folders. the Exploroe.exe crashes and restarts.Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3296, time stamp: 0x48d2cb32 Faulting module name: shcore.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2715, time stamp: 0xf6e77ccb Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000000350d5 Faulting process id: 0x0x230C Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA7536C69BC725 Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\shcore.dll Report

:)

Matthew Wilkin, Mar 13, 2024
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Mar 13, 2024
  3. vinceip Win User
    Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Mar 13, 2024
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

Windows explorer (File explorer) Keeps crashing

Hi,

For us to know more about this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages whenever the File Explorer crashes?
    • Are you experiencing other issues aside from this after the update?

We suggest that you check on this article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    and try to open the Windows File Explorer again. If the issue still persists, you can check on this

link
    and try the second method given by ThofikAhamad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, Mar 13, 2024
Thema:

File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

1. File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it. - Similar Threads - File explorer keeps

2. My Pc keeps crashing, i dont know why and i want to know how to fix it!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc keeps crashing, i dont know why and i want to know how to fix it!: When i play a game my monitor goes black after most times 30min sometimes longer sometimes shorter, pc is still on but isnt usable nothing works, but i hear the sound of the game i was using. The only way to get it back to work is a hard reset. After that it works perfectly...
  3. My Pc keeps crashing, i dont know why and i want to know how to fix it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc keeps crashing, i dont know why and i want to know how to fix it!: When i play a game my monitor goes black after most times 30min sometimes longer sometimes shorter, pc is still on but isnt usable nothing works, but i hear the sound of the game i was using. The only way to get it back to work is a hard reset. After that it works perfectly...
  4. I dont know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know how to fix this: Application: osu!.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at #=zrfHvuTOCgzzUGnnvPiUGbDvpX$3llqFNzw==..ctor#=zm6nxSwNXHSx6ZYYPtA== at...
  5. File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.: Please help? I constantly get this error when I navigate to details on pined folders and ocasionally get it when opening tabed folders. the Exploroe.exe crashes and restarts.Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3296, time stamp: 0x48d2cb32 Faulting...
  6. all my programs keep on crashing and i dont know how to fix it

all my programs keep on crashing and i dont know how to fix it: i got a new pc and it keeps on crashing showing this response the insructions at 0x00007ffce0e5cf70 refrenced memory at 0x00000000000004d8.i dont know how to fix it. my pc is also bugging out....
  7. all my programs keep on crashing and i dont know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my programs keep on crashing and i dont know how to fix it: i got a new pc and it keeps on crashing showing this response the insructions at 0x00007ffce0e5cf70 refrenced memory at 0x00000000000004d8.i dont know how to fix it. my pc is also bugging out....
  8. my pc keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix this error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix this error.: anytime I use my pc after 30 minutes to an hour it crashes. everytime it says it is for a diffrent reason in event viewer.sorry if it takes me some time to respond I cant be on my pc all the time...
  9. my pc keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix this error.

my pc keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix this error.: anytime I use my pc after 30 minutes to an hour it crashes. everytime it says it is for a diffrent reason in event viewer.sorry if it takes me some time to respond I cant be on my pc all the time...
  10. Computer crashed and I dont know how to fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashed and I dont know how to fix it: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x000000000003ffc6, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x0000000000000084, 0xfffff80572a70052. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 3498485b-7614-4357-928a-4bed5ba56c7c. I found this on my...