Windows 10: File Count does not appear in File Explorer

Discus and support File Count does not appear in File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Suzham, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Suzham Win User

File Count does not appear in File Explorer

In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I have selected. That feature is currently missing in Windows 11. It does not matter if I am in full screen or in multiple windows.How do I get the file count to show up in File Explorer in Windows 11?Top screen shot is windows 10, Bottom screen shot is Windows 11.

:)

Suzham, Nov 7, 2022

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 7, 2022
  3. Word Count Column in File Explorer

I work primarily with RTF documents. I came across the option in Windows File Explorer to add a "Word Count" column to the File Explorer display. The "Word Count" does display but it gives no count for any of the documents listed in the File Explorer.
    From top to bottom no word count is displayed for any file created in any of the word processors I use. To date my search on the internet has not found a solution to the lack of word counts.

NeilShephard, Nov 7, 2022
  4. LorenWard Win User

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

• Using File Explorer, I navigated to the folder I wanted to view the file counts, I right clicked on the column labels and chose File Count.
    • This is occurring on any folder when I try to use the File Count column
    • I currently use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes
    • I also tried changing the View to Detail Pane, that did not make any difference.

LorenWard, Nov 7, 2022
Thema:

1. File Count does not appear in File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Count does

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer: I have a USB external hard drive that appears on my Windows Desktop under drive letter E. However, when I connect it to my Windows laptop it does not appear in the file explore or in the Disk Management.However, it does appear in the Device Manager and under 'Bluetooth and...
  6. File Count does not appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Count does not appear in File Explorer: In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I...
  7. Why Does File Explorer's "word count" never work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Does File Explorer's "word count" never work?: When you select word count to be displayed for file properties in File Explorer, it never, or barely works, as you can see from this screenshot. How is it possible that such a basic feature doesn't work. Isn't both Windows 10 and MS Office made by the same company? 173352
  8. File explorer file count and size missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer file count and size missing: I just noticed this and I don't know if it's a new "feature" or bug; the File Explorer when I would select a group of files, at the very bottom of the File Explorer the is would list out how many files I selected. Or if I select a file, it would read out the size of such...
  9. "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer: When opening File Explorer>This PC, I no longer see "Network" listed. It shows all available drives but not "Network". All available network hardware is working and a second computer across the room is performing normally and seeing the network. This has been going on for a...
  10. File Explorer: File Count on Desktop Icon Possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: File Count on Desktop Icon Possible?: I think I might be looking at possibly having to write an app specifically for this, but I'm wondering if there's a way to display a file count on the Desktop Icon for a shortcut called Documents (obviously linked to the Documents folder)? Point being, in a public setting,...