Windows 10: File access problem

Discus and support File access problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings, saw some time ago this account: S-1-15-3-65536-1888954469-739942743-1668119174-2468466756-4239452838-1296943325-355587736-700089176Seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alexander&_&, Aug 8, 2024.

1. File access problem

Greetings, saw some time ago this account: S-1-15-3-65536-1888954469-739942743-1668119174-2468466756-4239452838-1296943325-355587736-700089176Seemed suspicios, and i looked into it a bitSaw some thread on here where it was mentioned that i can safely delete it, and i did delete it from drive DHowever, since then i had numerous issues and seen multiple threads advising against it. Tried running sfc and disms, repair installation, it didn't helpWhat can be done to rectify the problem? Is clean install only solution?

:)

Alexander&_&, Aug 8, 2024
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Aug 8, 2024
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Problems with accessing files in one particular folder

Hi,

Since you have performed some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you download this
    troubleshooter to help you in diagnosing and repairing Windows file and folder problems. In the
    File Download dialog box, click Run or
    Open
    , and then follow the steps in the File and Folder Troubleshooter.

Notes

• This troubleshooter might be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for versions of Windows in other languages.
    • If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the troubleshooter to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
    Keep us updated if anything comes up so we can further assist you.

AndreePin, Aug 8, 2024
  4. jcaswell Win User

File access problem

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy. I have tried the following:
    1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender) So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Aug 8, 2024
Thema:

File access problem

1. File access problem - Similar Threads - File access problem

2. File access problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File access problem: Greetings, saw some time ago this account: S-1-15-3-65536-1888954469-739942743-1668119174-2468466756-4239452838-1296943325-355587736-700089176Seemed suspicios, and i looked into it a bitSaw some thread on here where it was mentioned that i can safely delete it, and i did...
  3. File sharing and network device access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing and network device access problem: I have a problem with one of my laptops not being able to access shared folders. The network uses a TPlink Archer C2300 router and I have a desktop PC running Win 7 connected to this by Ethernet. I also have a Lenovo W530 laptop and a Lenovo ThinkBook 15-IML which both...
  4. Problems accessing files

Problems accessing files: When I shut down my computer yesterday, everything seemed to be working fine - although it had crashed and restarted itself a few hours earlier. Today, I am unable to access Word or Excel. When I select any of my files to open them I get a message saying 'Windows cannot find...
  5. Unable to execute file, access is denied problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to execute file, access is denied problem: I downloaded an installer of a known animating program directly from their website. I installed it successfully and were able to use and normally. That was the month before this problem showed up. Now, when I open the program, it won't let me use it because of an error....
  6. Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro

Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro: I have 2 desktops one running win10 and the other running win10 pro. The Win10 Pro can see files on WIN10 but the Win10 can not see files on WIN10 Pro. It states access is not available. All permissions have been given full control and still access is denied. Dell support...
  7. Problems accessing files on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems accessing files on windows 10: I formatted my machine the other day and enter a slightly different name when I was setting up the user profile and now I am having many issues accessing some files stored on my computer and copies of the same files stored on a NAS. Whenever I try and open them, I get the...
  8. Problems accessing files on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems accessing files on windows 10: I formatted my machine the other day and enter a slightly different name when I was setting up the user profile and now I am having many issues accessing some files stored on my computer and copies of the same files stored on a NAS. Whenever I try and open them, I get the...
  9. Network Sharing File Access Problem

Network Sharing File Access Problem: I've been reviewing the simple folder sharing setup on my three Windows 10 PCs. I'm trying to share folders between three computers on the same network by right clicking the folder and giving access to Everyone without using a Home Group. All computers have Windows 10 Pro (PC...
  10. Problem accessing files on external HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem accessing files on external HD: Hi, I recently bought a new PC with Windows 10 and I am having some issues with an external USB hard drive that I was wondering if I could get some feedback on. Here's the problem: when trying to access certain files on the drive (no rhyme or reason apparent - it just...