Windows 10: Family Safety device not visible

Discus and support Family Safety device not visible in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Deda Brane, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Family Safety device not visible

HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account login and that part works fine, he can login with MS credentials.The problem is that his PC doesn't show up in the Family Safety portal but it does show on his and mine account profile page.I have tried multiple times removing, adding accounts, restarting PC, updating Windows... None of which helped.Any idea? Thanks!

:)

Deda Brane, Oct 13, 2022

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Family Safety device not visible 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Oct 13, 2022
  3. Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 13, 2022
  4. Family Safety device not visible

Windows 10 Family Safety Recent Activity Stops Working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes with your child's device?
    • Was your child able to use the device over the set-up time?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly provide a screenshot as well. Make sure that any personal information is not visible on the screenshot.

You can also refer to this
    link
    for concerns about Microsoft Family Safety.

Thank you.

Katrina Men, Oct 13, 2022
Thema:

Family Safety device not visible

1. Family Safety device not visible - Similar Threads - Family Safety device

2. Child account in family safety is no visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account in family safety is no visible: Try to remove child account from parent account but found that the child account is not visible to the parent account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-in-family-safety-is-no-visible/dbaea43e-81d9-41ac-a45e-6cdb3ed2170d
  3. Child account in family safety is no visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child account in family safety is no visible: Try to remove child account from parent account but found that the child account is not visible to the parent account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-in-family-safety-is-no-visible/dbaea43e-81d9-41ac-a45e-6cdb3ed2170d
  4. Child account in family safety is no visible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Family Safety device not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  6. Family Safety device not visible

Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  7. Connect Device to Family Safety

Connect Device to Family Safety: A child account is connected to the Microsoft Account. And yet, it can't be connected to the Family Safety Account at all. So, the Parental Control settings can't be implemented....
  8. Connect Device in Family Safety

Connect Device in Family Safety: I have created all user profiles, logged in with the respective Microsoft and local accounts for each child's account. But when I log into my family safety app it does not register that the devices are connected to the individual profiles so I cannot program any of the...
  9. Duplicate devices in "Family Safety"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate devices in "Family Safety": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. First I updated the old SSD with win 10, to win 11, then I did a reset of that win 11 update, in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install of win 11 to the new SSD Win 11 ISO...
  10. Duplicate devices in "Family Safety"

Duplicate devices in "Family Safety": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. First I updated the old SSD with win 10, to win 11, then I did a reset of that win 11 update, in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install of win 11 to the new SSD Win 11 ISO...