Windows 10: Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010

Discus and support Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Thanks for the info @indianacarnie. To be on the safe side I have left this file renamed for the time being. So far there does not appear to be any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pdoth, Jan 22, 2018.

1. pdoth Win User

Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010

Thanks for the info @indianacarnie. To be on the safe side I have left this file renamed for the time being. So far there does not appear to be any side effects of doing that except for the fact of no more event errors showing up. If after a week or so it stays like that I will delete it.

Still left with loads of questions but at least I can now sleep better.

pdoth, Jan 29, 2018

2. You're very welcome! And hey,........ a better nights sleep is always good *Wink Think your renaming is a good idea and I do recommend Process Library btw.

indianacarnie, Jan 29, 2018
  3. pdoth Win User
    @Indianacarbnie - quick question, I took a look at 'Process Library' and agree that it looks a useful resource however, I also noticed that some of the explanations given, in this case concerning 'netmon.exe' seemed to be truncated. In other words the text reads - "........... in order to proceed with this action we recommend you."

It ends there in mid-air. Does that mean the text is taken from another source or is it available in complete form somewhere else?

Regarding potential side effects of renaming 'netmon.exe' I'm not sure if this is related but I am now seeing a large number of 'event id 129' - Log Name: System
    Source: storahci
    Date: 31/01/2018 10:23:51
    Event ID: 129
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

No idea yet if this is related or not?

pdoth, Jan 30, 2018
  4. Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010

After a recent reboot, I experienced pretty bad computer lag. I mean the typing and clicking was a half-second delayed; opening, closing, and moving windows was slow; and running games was nigh impossible.

These files were the collective culprit. I'll explain everything.

In this folder: C:\Windows\nvidia were "wintask.exe" and "NvUpdater64.exe". In the Services, you'd find something like NVU, which pointed to "wintask.exe" and claimed to be the "NVIDIA driver updater". When this service was running, my computer was laggy, and the Task Manager (and superior Process Explorer) displayed regular low usages for CPU, GPU, RAM, and I/O. After looking up NvUpdater64, it seems to be a virtual currency miner...

Anti-malware programs detected nothing wrong with these files. I already submitted them to Microsoft and Malwarebytes.

They had connections in the registry to NSSM... Sound familiar? That's the Source of the Event originally in question in this topic.

I recommend removing everything related to them. I followed the manual instructions here since I don't trust those downloads: http://greatis.com/blog/how-to/remov...ater64-exe.htm

As an aside, it seems that C:\Windows\wmi\WmiPrvSE.exe was also involved, but I ended up removing that earlier during my troubleshooting. That file name belongs in two or three other folders, not in wmi.

I hope this post helps people who stumble upon this later.

Shock a Lot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010

1. Failed to start service WMS - Error Id 1010 - Similar Threads - Failed start service

2. Error modern deployement diagnostic provider id 1010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error modern deployement diagnostic provider id 1010: Hi all, Since todays i've notice that i got this report in the task event manager. In some sub group someone as talk about office account from a school or work organisation. So i got an msi laptop since 2019 a gp76leopard with win11 since i was able to get it.So i do have an...
  3. Error modern deployement diagnostic provider id 1010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error modern deployement diagnostic provider id 1010: Hi all, Since todays i've notice that i got this report in the task event manager. In some sub group someone as talk about office account from a school or work organisation. So i got an msi laptop since 2019 a gp76leopard with win11 since i was able to get it.So i do have an...
  4. Windows 10 Crash Event ID 1010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crash Event ID 1010: When I am using my laptop unplugged, it will randomly turn black and become unresponsive. From there I have to hold the power button and force a shutdown. When I get the laptop running again, I see in Event Viewer that an error with the ID 1010 gets pinged multiple times...
  5. Windows 10 Crash Event ID 1010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Crash Event ID 1010: When I am using my laptop unplugged, it will randomly turn black and become unresponsive. From there I have to hold the power button and force a shutdown. When I get the laptop running again, I see in Event Viewer that an error with the ID 1010 gets pinged multiple times...
  6. Windows 10 Event ID 1010 0x80070491

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Event ID 1010 0x80070491: When my laptop is unplugged, it will randomly shut off. When I eventually get it turned back on, I go to Event Viewer and see this error spammed 2-20ish times. Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? I am using a Lenovo C940-14IIL....
  7. Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7000 - wntpport service failed to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7000 - wntpport service failed to start: I keep getting "Service Control Manager" error from Event Viewer that causes my computer to shut down unexpectedly: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 15/11/2018 11:47:09 PM Event ID: 7000 Task Category: None Level:...
  8. Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS: Recently I discovered that in the Application section of the windows logs, these error keep showing up every time since i boot up, I've checked that on Google but it seems have no solution for me. Is it viruses or a normal thing? Please help. Thanks. P.S. The imgur link...
  9. The WMS service failed to start due to the following error...

in Windows 10 Support
    The WMS service failed to start due to the following error...: explorer.exe won't run on startup. On the "Welcome" screen, there's only half startup jingle playing, then it goes black, and the only thing I see is the Command Prompt. I took a look at the Event Viewer. Here's what I found: The WMS service failed to start due to the...
  10. EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start

in Windows 10 Support
    EVENT ID 7000 The IOMap service failed to start: Hello there I am new here but I have this event viewer ERROR. The IOMap service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. Event ID 7000 My PC SPECS: MB: Asus P9X99 Deluxe II CPU: Intel I7 6950X GPU: Titan X Pascal...