Windows 10: External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...

Discus and support External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; external monitor is being detected but it only works when I set it's resolution to 800 X 600 from display setting in windows 10, on any other setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shivendra_842, Sep 3, 2022.

1. External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...

external monitor is being detected but it only works when I set it's resolution to 800 X 600 from display setting in windows 10, on any other setting it shows no signal found and goes into sleep mode.same display when connected to other laptop works fine, so I figured the issue is with the laptopI have already tried Updating, rolling back and uninstalling the display adapter driver version.Does any one has any idea what could be the issue??This is the laptop display it has refresh rate of 60 and 120, I have kept it at 60This is the external displayrefresh rate is 60

:)

Shivendra_842, Sep 3, 2022
  2. dwm40 Win User

display resolution

I use 1280x800 resolution on my computer. Every time there is an update, windows 10, it

changes to 1024x768. The ONLY other choice in the list is 800x600. In the past all I

needed to do was to restart the computer and my 1280x800 resolution would come back, along with the list of about 12 other display resolutions. Re-starting the computer no longer works. How do I get my 1280x800 and keep it ???

dwm40, Sep 3, 2022
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Sep 3, 2022
  4. External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...

Display Settings

We have two PCs with 64 bit Windows 10. On one, we recently installed an HP 22cwa monitor which specifies a 1920 X 1080 resolution. The options which appear in Settings/System/Display/resolution are: 1280x1024, 1024x768, and 800x600. Under Device Manager/Display
    Adapters, There are 3 ATI Radeon 3000 items and 1 Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Updating drivers for all of these has had no effect on available resolution options.

The other PC lists a selection of 19 different resloution settings. Under Display Adapters, it lists NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080.

Is there any way to fix this short of installing a different Display Adapter??

WilliamWebb98, Sep 3, 2022
Thema:

External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...

1. External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display... - Similar Threads - External display working

2. Dell display resolution stuck at 1024x768, but only when it's the only display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell display resolution stuck at 1024x768, but only when it's the only display: I updated with the latest Windows update, and not sure if it's related or not, but now my Dell 27" monitor is stuck on 1024x768. The other resolutions are not grayed out, i can pick one and get the "keep current selection" popup, but nothing changes.The weird thing is that if...
  3. Dell display resolution stuck at 1024x768, but only when it's the only display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell display resolution stuck at 1024x768, but only when it's the only display: I updated with the latest Windows update, and not sure if it's related or not, but now my Dell 27" monitor is stuck on 1024x768. The other resolutions are not grayed out, i can pick one and get the "keep current selection" popup, but nothing changes.The weird thing is that if...
  4. Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display: Hello,I've a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and an external Samsung monitor attached to it. I also have 2 accounts on this laptop, an administrator account and a non-administrator account. The laptop has Intel UHD graphics.On the laptop internal display, I'm getting correct...
  5. Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display

Windows 10 display resolution not working for non-administrator on external display: Hello,I've a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and an external Samsung monitor attached to it. I also have 2 accounts on this laptop, an administrator account and a non-administrator account. The laptop has Intel UHD graphics.On the laptop internal display, I'm getting correct...
  6. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  7. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  8. Screen Resolution Stuck at 800x600 When Using Display Port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Resolution Stuck at 800x600 When Using Display Port.: Hello everyone!I hope this message finds you well. I am writing today to seek some assistance with a problem I have encountered with my recently upgraded setup. As an avid PC gamer, I am always looking for ways to enhance my gaming experience and take it to the next level....
  9. Screen Resolution Stuck at 800x600 When Using Display Port.

Screen Resolution Stuck at 800x600 When Using Display Port.: Hello everyone!I hope this message finds you well. I am writing today to seek some assistance with a problem I have encountered with my recently upgraded setup. As an avid PC gamer, I am always looking for ways to enhance my gaming experience and take it to the next level....
  10. External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External display only working when setting it's resolution to 800x600 in windows display...: external monitor is being detected but it only works when I set it's resolution to 800 X 600 from display setting in windows 10, on any other setting it shows no signal found and goes into sleep mode.same display when connected to other laptop works fine, so I figured the...