Windows 10: Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it

Discus and support Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I bought a new SSD to replace my old one in my Dell laptop. I cloned my C: drive to the new SSD using Macrium Reflect and now on Disk Management it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ogulcan Yildirim, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it

So I bought a new SSD to replace my old one in my Dell laptop. I cloned my C: drive to the new SSD using Macrium Reflect and now on Disk Management it has almost 700GB unallocated space. When I try to extend it is gives me a warning about changing from basic to dynamic disks, saying I will not be able to start any operations systems installed. What am I supposed to do? I checked online and saw some similar threads but couldn't find a solution that was relevant for my situation.

:)

Ogulcan Yildirim, Jan 17, 2023

2. How to extend OS drive volume in Windows 10.?

, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

I want to extend so your answer is really frustrating ans. I want to extend so why should i shrink and select extend? Extend option is already Dim or unavailable?

Amjad Ali (amjad.ali), Jan 17, 2023
  3. extending C drive into an external SSD

Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.

Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.

Both o0tions did no work.

mohsainessa, Jan 17, 2023
  4. Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it

extending C drive into an external SSD

Hi Mohsainessa. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

You cannot extend the C drive into an external drive. If there is any space left on the hard drive containing C i can help you extend into it - even move existing partitions off of it to another internal hard drive/SSD- if you will post a screenshot of Disk Management, which I read like a doctor reads X-rays. Follow the steps here so I can see everything needed to advise you: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...

Here is how to backup using File History in Windows 11:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/set-up-file-histo...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Please report back results for all steps given so I know what else to suggest if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jan 17, 2023
Thema:

Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it

1. Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it - Similar Threads - Extending volume external

2. How to extend volume of C which is indicated below ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to extend volume of C which is indicated below ?: Hi,I am Gülbarin. I want to extend my C volume. I have lots of space from D but I cannot merge them or extend the volume can you help me ? Also, The button of extend volume of C is unavailable....
  3. How to extend volume of C which is indicated below ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to extend volume of C which is indicated below ?: Hi,I am Gülbarin. I want to extend my C volume. I have lots of space from D but I cannot merge them or extend the volume can you help me ? Also, The button of extend volume of C is unavailable....
  4. How to extend volume of C which is indicated below ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it: So I bought a new SSD to replace my old one in my Dell laptop. I cloned my C: drive to the new SSD using Macrium Reflect and now on Disk Management it has almost 700GB unallocated space. When I try to extend it is gives me a warning about changing from basic to dynamic disks,...
  6. Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending the volume of external SSD which has Windows in it: So I bought a new SSD to replace my old one in my Dell laptop. I cloned my C: drive to the new SSD using Macrium Reflect and now on Disk Management it has almost 700GB unallocated space. When I try to extend it is gives me a warning about changing from basic to dynamic disks,...
  7. Extend volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend volume: I'm want to extend my c: drive but having issues. Here is a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume/48060d35-90da-4229-8748-ea749516cd30
  8. Extend volume

Extend volume: I'm want to extend my c: drive but having issues. Here is a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume/48060d35-90da-4229-8748-ea749516cd30
  9. extending C drive into an external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extending C drive into an external SSD: Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.Both o0tions did no work....
  10. extending C drive into an external SSD

extending C drive into an external SSD: Unable to extend my C drive into an external SSD drive. Have 3 external drives none worked.Related to this could not back my C drive to any of the 3 hard drives.Both o0tions did no work....