Windows 10: Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

Discus and support Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This problem started half a year ago, my explorer was bugging out and i thought, oh it'll just go away on its own, it did not, explorer keeps showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Murșa Tiberiu, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

This problem started half a year ago, my explorer was bugging out and i thought, oh it'll just go away on its own, it did not, explorer keeps showing and endlessly loading green bar at the top of my window, and i cannot access any files at all, here is a picture of the problem happening https://imgur.com/a/GGcU02O i cannot use windows like this anymore, it is a mess to use windows like this, i do not know the cause of this. i have tried everything, reinstalling windows and keeping my files using the media creation tool, trying other solutions on other websites but no, nothing has worked s

:)

Murșa Tiberiu, Apr 1, 2023
  2. MB_499 Win User

Windows 10 file explorer slow/green bar

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. I still get the green bar scrolling across the windows explorer address bar and "working on it..." in the main window. So I cannot access any of my files or any places on my PC at the moment.

Interestingly, I can for example open files by opening an application e.g. word/adobe reader etc. and also if I navigate to the downloads section of firefox, choose a download and click 'navigate to containing folder' I then get a working version of windows
    explorer.

But opening windows explorer directly just leads to this scrolling green bar. Any suggestions much appreciated!

MB_499, Apr 1, 2023
  3. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not being able to see picture thumbnails is a pain. I turned thumbnails on for the Pictures folder only and the never ending green ribbon is back. Possibly a related problem: with thumbnails off (or on) if I left click on a video file in the Videos volder, file explorer hangs and I have to end it with Task Manager.

I have heard that by ending the dllhost.exe process/service, the green ribbon goes away, but so does W10 security and stability.

Suggestions on how to fix are appreciated.

Without a properworking File Explorer, W10 is not really a suitable OS.

Graywuhllf, Apr 1, 2023
  4. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

Windows 10 file explorer slow/green bar

I turned off the Quick Access index as suggested; but file explorer continues to do the slow green bar. I have recently updated with KB5001330 which failed on the first attempt; but was successful on the 2nd.

What I have seen is that when file explorer is first started up, this index issue continues; BUT if I initiate another file explorer right-click over my pinned file explorer> File Explorer, this second instantiation comes up immediately.

Not sure this will help.

Cthompson50, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

1. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer - Similar Threads - Explorer showing endless

2. File Explorer Not Completing Loading Files and Folders green bar constant and doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Completing Loading Files and Folders green bar constant and doesn't...: I joined the Dev Build Insider Programme on 2 August. Since installing 23511.1 and 23516.1, the green bar doesn't not complete its progress in File Explorer for any of my folders in 'Documents', apart from 'Documents' itself.The update to 23521.1 yesterday did not bring a fix...
  3. File Explorer Not Completing Loading Files and Folders green bar constant and doesn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Completing Loading Files and Folders green bar constant and doesn't...: I joined the Dev Build Insider Programme on 2 August. Since installing 23511.1 and 23516.1, the green bar doesn't not complete its progress in File Explorer for any of my folders in 'Documents', apart from 'Documents' itself.The update to 23521.1 yesterday did not bring a fix...
  4. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer: This problem started half a year ago, my explorer was bugging out and i thought, oh it'll just go away on its own, it did not, explorer keeps showing and endlessly loading green bar at the top of my window, and i cannot access any files at all, here is a picture of the...
  5. Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer showing a endless green bar and no files and folders appearing in explorer: This problem started half a year ago, my explorer was bugging out and i thought, oh it'll just go away on its own, it did not, explorer keeps showing and endlessly loading green bar at the top of my window, and i cannot access any files at all, here is a picture of the...
  6. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  7. GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER: WHY AM I FORCED TO WATCH THIS GODDAMNED THING EVERY TIME I CHANGE FOLDERS? OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS DIDN'T DO THIS. WHY DO YOU FOOLS KEEP WEARING ON OUR NERVES WITH YOU IMPROVEMENTS. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WINDOWS 95. EVERY CHANBGE YOU ASSHJOLES HAVE MADE SINCE THEN...
  8. GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER

GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER: WHY AM I FORCED TO WATCH THIS GODDAMNED THING EVERY TIME I CHANGE FOLDERS? OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS DIDN'T DO THIS. WHY DO YOU FOOLS KEEP WEARING ON OUR NERVES WITH YOU IMPROVEMENTS. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WINDOWS 95. EVERY CHANBGE YOU ASSHJOLES HAVE MADE SINCE THEN...
  9. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  10. Green progress bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green progress bar in File Explorer: I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it identifies the location. I noticed there in the search bar it shows where it is going: "search (J:) Jack" as an example. How...